Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!  (Read 22362 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2006, 10:49:50 pm »

"How were the Tenmen" sealed the deal for me. Enough with the formalities about the GOF, let's get down to business.

Note that in panel one, the goggles cover Beef's eyes. By the last panel, we no longer see them. The less visible the goggles are, the less he is Best Mate and the more he returns to being Roast Beef.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2006, 11:05:25 pm »

"How were the Tenmen" was great. Understated. Kind of perfect, in a weird Achewood way.

Also, holy crap! Nightlife!!
Logged

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2006, 01:16:50 am »

And what was Pat's deal anyways, his face controls all cranked up to MAX. SCOWL? Jealous, dissapproving (though I hardly think Pat disapproves of violence, perhaps when he isn't on the giving end)...
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2006, 03:31:04 am »

no no no.
no.

you imbeciles, do you not realize that this is against the rules of the fight? How can you destroy this! Not since Rilo "Casket" Cascetti has a cat attempted to break the rules. I think we all know how that turned out. Next you'll be cooking with a best-itute containing gluten, or even milk.

God damn people. Pat is mad that someone broke the rules.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Crun

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
    • Hockey Zombie
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2006, 05:43:22 pm »

Long time fan, first time poster, buyer of t-shirts.

Okay, something bothered me so much that not only did I google "achewood forum", but I registered just to post.

Please, for the love of all that is just, no more Emeril and Spongebath.  They are the most tacked-on characters since Chachi on Happy Days, or Kazoo on The Flintstones.  Are they even on this forum's logo?  No, and even Pat's therapist made the grade.  Just... just stop already.  It was a nice try, but leave mistakes in the past, Meester Onstad. 

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2006, 05:49:27 pm »

Oh man, you are so going to get it. there is much love for Emeril and Spongebath on this board

Are they even on this forum's logo?  No, and even Pat's therapist made the grade.

Are you talking about Mr. Gary?

Actually, that logo was designed before the appearance of Em and Sponge.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2006, 05:50:38 pm »

Blasphemy

I was gonna call you a crap dude despite your delicious PBF avatar, but I will let it slide.  You are welcome to your own wrong opinion of course, but I am on to you.  I make terrible oath upon it.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 05:56:14 pm by misterqueue »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Crun

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
    • Hockey Zombie
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2006, 05:58:46 pm »

Seriously, I adore Achewood.  I've pimped it to my friends since I started reading in April '04.  I'm not so silly as to think that people aren't going to think that everything Onstad produces is genius, but Emeril and Spongebath, to me, serve only to take away facetime from the characters that I love.  Hell, they weren't even following along on TGOF, they just showed for the party.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2006, 06:02:32 pm »

I never said everything he produces is Genius.  For the record, I'm the token Philippe hater round these parts and that is basically blasphemy as well.

I am just saying that your mouth is ashes at the wrong characters is all. 
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2006, 06:04:35 pm »

Hell, they weren't even following along on TGOF, they just showed for the party.

It's implied.  They are two of Roast Beef's closest friends, of course they are following.  Besides Em said as much when he spoke to Beef.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Crun

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
    • Hockey Zombie
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2006, 06:06:14 pm »

My gripe stems from their late introduction and scant use.  Phillipe has been around since the beginning, and you either dig the cute or not.  I'm in the 'not' collumn as well.  But emeril/spongebath were inserted and never give anything that couldn't have been done to better effect by one of the other characters.  They have a total Jay/Silent Bob thing that vexes me so.

To above:  The same could be said of Ray's mother... she's his mother, of course she'd follow along.  And she could've been as easily inserted as emeril.  But, of course, that would be absurd.

My point is, all of a sudden, there they are again.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2006, 06:12:10 pm »

To above:  The same could be said of Ray's mother... she's his mother, of course she'd follow along.  And she could've been as easily inserted as emeril.  But, of course, that would be absurd.

Not really.  Ray's Mother lives in another town (presumably) and probably wouldn't get invited or even go to a party hosted by a bunch of children (in her eyes).  Em and Sponge on the other hand live right in the neighborhood and could've just shown up uninvited looking to see if Beef was home yet.  Saw there was a party and hung around.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2006, 06:15:34 pm »

Also, Ray's Mother wasn't following the GOF, it's not her thing.  She would have only been following it had she known her son was going to be in it.  They ain't no way Ray told her what he was up to.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2006, 06:22:48 pm »

I don't mind them. They're not like Vlad in that every time I see him I know something good is going to happen but I don't go, "ugh, it's THOSE two."
Logged

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: March 30, 2006 -- The Taxi Driver! Toughest haircut possible!
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2006, 06:25:37 pm »

How could you hate them?  seriously look at the dudes!  One has hockey hair and bushy eyebrows and the other is grotesquely overweight and rides a scooter.  I don't think you get much more awesome.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up