Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday  (Read 15153 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2006, 07:43:12 pm »

Thanks, but I'm a lady.

Right, That too.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2006, 07:55:23 pm »

Oh, Emeril? Eh, ok. I was thinking after I posted earlier and I figured it was going to be Barry Best. But at least he's going somewhere with the Emeril blog.
Logged

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2006, 08:38:46 pm »

I like how nobody can have the first name Emeril without having their last name be a permutation of Legasse.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

nuero

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2006, 08:49:59 pm »

So, wait, what? We can e-mail him and become members? What?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2006, 08:58:35 pm »

So, wait, what? We can e-mail him and become members? What?

I think you are supposed to e-mail him with details of your own group.  So how many of you guys are into trashspotting anyway?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2006, 09:01:20 pm »

Y'know, I live in the kind of town where this sort of thing sounds like viable entertainment.  Actually, though, if I can get some friends of mine to go for it, I would totally be up for starting something like this.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2006, 09:13:51 pm »

So how many of you guys are into trashspotting anyway?

I once had a plan to stalk someone's recyling bin.  Does that count?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2006, 09:51:35 pm »

I once had a plan to stalk someone's recyling bin.  Does that count?

I'm guessing it was to see their brand of dog food. I just can't fathom "wombat" and "stalk" being in the same sentence without "dog" being in there somewhere.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2006, 11:01:10 pm »

Well, you are not far off. Actually I wanted to see what kind of alcohol they drank.  But I was going to bring the dog, because there is no better way to be inconspicuous when walking down the street in a slow, sniffing-around kind of way.  And I am now stalking their dog instead of their trash.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2006, 11:15:42 pm »

Wait, so why was Molly making up a story about Beef's whereabouts?
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2006, 11:27:47 pm »

The floweriness of Emeril's language makes me want to tie him up in a bin bag and throw him in a river. 'Please sir, do not solicit your inadequate vengeance upon the vessel of my eternal soul by extinguishing the flame of my worldly candle for I shall swing round to this existence to wreak havoc on you in an equally despisable manner', except with more words like 'primogeniture'. Eh, what the fuck am I on. At least Trashspotting is pretty awesome. As a starter, everyone should first post pics of their own rubbish, personal details included, to save others the trouble of stalking them (thereby fuck*ng their minds up with any luck). Reverse psychology.

While I may complain about Emeril getting a blog, I couldn't really think of a better candidate. Could you?



 
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2006, 12:30:02 am »

While I may complain about Emeril getting a blog, I couldn't really think of a better candidate. Could you?

I would've voted for "strange character that seems to not have anything to do with the Achewood characters or story that will eventually intersect with the main cast in a way that is retroactively illuminated by the storyline(s) of the blog"... and we would've dealt with months of Chris sort of continually teasing us with hints of the association of this character to the other characters or... ways that the character could potential interact with the Achewood characters. And it'd go on and on and on until we eventually got so caught up in that narrative  that we were no longer guessing how this guy/girl would meet our people, we'd just be interested in the story.

Only then would those lines intersect, in an out-of-left field manner.

But, y'know, that's a long vote to write in.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2006, 02:22:29 am »

I'm guessing it was to see their brand of dog food. I just can't fathom "wombat" and "stalk" being in the same sentence without "dog" being in there somewhere.

Or "internet."
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2006, 12:39:50 pm »

I have been known to stalk dogs in real life too actually.   But the real question here is - it is about to be recycling day in my neighborhood.  Do I go out with my camera this evening?  (And with the dog, of course, my faithful fellow club member and cover for suspicious activities on the street.)  Or do I get a life?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2006, 04:21:38 pm »

I have been known to stalk dogs in real life too actually.   But the real question here is - it is about to be recycling day in my neighborhood.  Do I go out with my camera this evening?  (And with the dog, of course, my faithful fellow club member and cover for suspicious activities on the street.)  Or do I get a life?

I say go for it. I say don't follow the trends in your neighborhood, set them.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up