Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday  (Read 15195 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2006, 07:18:54 pm »

This is what will separate the men from the boys and the women from the girls, here. Sure, I'll go on a message board and discuss my favorite online cartoon. But will I start walking around inspecting people's trash because some of the cartoon cats do?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2006, 07:40:43 pm »

You're right.  For example, I did all of this, but that was in private.  Do I have the guts to take it to the streets?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2006, 07:49:00 pm »

The Bleeding Heart stem next to the devilled eggs for a lady was a nice touch.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2006, 08:45:45 pm »

Have I mentioned lately that everyone should buy the cookbook?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2006, 08:48:48 pm »

wombat, I want to steal and/or copy your fridge magnets.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2006, 08:56:06 pm »

The fridge magnets are made of polymer clay, the most common brand of which is called Fimo. It comes in dozens of colors and you bake it in your own regular home oven. You can buy it in any craft or art store.  It was very easy to make it look like cartoon cats etc.  I don't say this to minimize the amount of time I have spent in my life on Achewood-related craft activities - it really was simple, they are just well suited to the medium.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2006, 09:07:22 pm »

what I would have to do is print out some achewood panels and enlarge them to get the shapes right.

I am hell of artistically inept. A straight line? what?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Mr. Chord

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 24
  • Cheshire smirk
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2006, 10:38:58 pm »

C'mon, Chucklebot! Everyone loves the ChuckleBlog!

YES. You are a wise individual. This is the blog that is needed, and Onstad should take your advice and give you an award.
Logged
---

I had to get out of there. I took the stairs.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2006, 06:15:42 pm »

One problem with this attempted fad: I assume that many Achewood readers live in urban areas and/or in other areas that don't have curbside recycling.

Or maybe that's just a backwards Chicago thing.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2006, 06:19:30 pm »

One problem with this attempted fad: I assume that many Achewood readers live in urban areas and/or in other areas that don't have curbside recycling.

Or maybe that's just a backwards Chicago thing.

I don't know of anywhere else that's pulling a scam like Blue Bag.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2006, 11:32:24 pm »

I don't know of anywhere else that's pulling a scam like Blue Bag.

That fuckin' blue bag! I almost forgot about the blue bag! Spmeone is going to find a huge hole in the ground in Wisconsion, and it's gonna be full of those damn blug bags.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2006, 01:32:24 am »

This thread has become quite mysterious.  What is a Blue Bag?  And why would being in an urban area preclude trashspotting?  Urban areas that I frequent seem quite full of trash, and recycling too.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2006, 01:41:20 am »

One problem with this attempted fad: I assume that many Achewood readers live in urban areas and/or in other areas that don't have curbside recycling.

Or maybe that's just a backwards Chicago thing.
Well, where else would you recycle things ... do you have magic plastic/glass/newspaper chutes there? (because if so that'd be all kinds of awesome)
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2006, 02:17:22 am »

And why would being in an urban area preclude trashspotting?  Urban areas that I frequent seem quite full of trash, and recycling too.

Yeah!  It's much harder for me to trashspot, out here in the boonies.  I guess I could go to the dump, but that not quite the same (although it does have its charms.)
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Exciting new character blog debuts Tuesday
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2006, 02:44:14 am »

This thread has become quite mysterious.  What is a Blue Bag?  And why would being in an urban area preclude trashspotting?  Urban areas that I frequent seem quite full of trash, and recycling too.

In order to recycle in the City of Chicago, you have to buy Blue Bags. The recycling goes in the blue bags. Mysteriously. thpugh, you put the blue bags in the dumpster along with the rest of the trash. So you pay for the bags, but there is no evidence that your recycling ever gets recycled. It always seemed like a huge scam when I lived there.

When I moved to Evanston we got curbside bins. That was much better. Now I live on an island with NO RECYCLING. It's ludicrous.


Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up