man.
so, you are right. he did write the songs I like.
Paul: I would suggest "Dial-a-song". It's basically a compilation of all of the songs that I like. I still remember buying it, and bringing it home and listening to it.
I don't know. i get all emotional when I listen to TMBG now, because back when I was first learning guitar (and actually, back to about... 6th grade?) my best friend was this kid who was obsessed with TMBG. We used to be in a band, but we only had two original songs-- both of them had like two chords. This was a problem, because while I like punk rock, and two chords seemed enough for me, he wanted to be... Phish? Every other song we did was a Phish cover. We once played in a barn in January. In fact, that was the only time we ever played that wasn't at the school talent show.
We tried to play Blitzkrieg Bop, and failed. twice. I was the only person who knew the words, and I kept screwing up the guitar part. This is when you know your band is lacking some skills.
He ended up being a jerk, trying to get my girlfriend to dump me and date him, etc. Actually, I liked him a lot more when he was into TMBG. Once he started liking "serious" music, he became much more of an asshole. He's the kind of guy who gets all excited about how good the copy of "Nirvana: Unplugged in New York" that I gave him for christmas was, but still tells everyone that he thinks Kurt Cobain was an untalented and worthless guitarist/songsmith. Because, of course, the most important thing about writing songs is an extensive knowledge of musical theory, coupled with unneccesary use of technical skill. I don't like people who think like this.
yeah, still bitter. Sorry.
Um, Happy Birthday, Apple Gerl! I can understand the need to make your myspace more elaborate, although I have not.