Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Yo mama's so crass and low, she puts chocolate pieces into her mouth while she is still chewing up the previous chocolate pieces.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl  (Read 13202 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2006, 09:08:46 am »

John Henry?  What are you on?  Some sort of drug that makes you all crazy... like a crazy drug?  Maybe you have tourettes and you spout off random albums; I cannot say.


Everyone knows it's Lincoln, THEN Apollo 18.  EVERYONE.

Even babies and spiders.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2006, 10:22:27 am »

Even babies and spiders.

Even spider babies?

(A can for anyone who gets this reference!)
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2006, 10:25:18 am »

Even spider babies?

(A can for anyone who gets this reference!)

Spider Babies know it all the more; they know it deep in their cold black souls, they just do not care because Spider Babies are machines that basically run on pure hatred;  pure hatred and coffee. 

(I am sorry I did not get that reference; I attempted to make up for it by saying something questionably humorous.  I am sorry about this.)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2006, 12:02:01 pm »

I agree with John Henry first. For second place, I'm gonna be a little more unorthodox and put it as a tie between Factory Showroom and Mink Car. Followed by the pink album. After that, they're all sorta tied.

I think I sorta ODed on apollo 18 and flood when I was 14. I just can't really listen to 'em all the way through anymore.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2006, 12:31:59 pm »

Every TMBG comment except from Cort in this thread are from insane people.1


Insane people taking their crazy drugs; all talkin' crazy.


*fingers knife* BACKOFF!  *runs out of the room*




1Also mine, mine are clearly from someone sane.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 12:36:23 pm by misterqueue »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2006, 01:20:26 pm »

I'll also go with Factory Showroom, mainly because New York City is the greatest unapologetic love song in the history of the world. 
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2006, 02:03:30 pm »

I like Factory Showroom as well. I always thought that I was in the minority on this. Till My Head Falls Off is great fun and New York City definitely one of their best covers.

Mink Car I think I burned out on because it was during their TMBG Unlimited days. So they released various demos and mixes of each song several times over for a year before the album was even released. Then proceded to leave my favorite song, Your Mom's Alright (feat. Mike Doughty), off of the US release. For a while you could DL it free at theymightbegiants.com. But still, not on the album = boo to that.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Re: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2006, 03:36:58 pm »

I like Factory Showroom as well. I always thought that I was in the minority on this. Till My Head Falls Off is great fun and New York City definitely one of their best covers.

I keep forgetting that New York City is a cover.  I read that in an interview a while back, but it can never stick in my head.  I'd love to hear the original version sometime.  I need to check iTunes when I get home...
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2006, 04:10:46 pm »


I think I sorta ODed on apollo 18 and flood when I was 14. I just can't really listen to 'em all the way through anymore.

I had a weird intersection in my life where between everyone who lived in the house, Flood was the only thing we musically had in common, so we ended up listening to it over and over.  It got to the point where I'd want to bust someone's eye like a grape to not  hear that album.  That's sad, as it is certainly their most accessible album.

I'm going to have to stick with Lincoln as their best, but certainly their morphology is such that you'd have to look at them as two different bands.   

Band 1:
Self-Titled, Lincoln, Flood, Apollo 18  (No! Kind of Fits better here)

Band 2:
John Henry, Factory Showroom, Mink Car, Spine

I have not heard "Here Come the A B Cs."

I'd have to go with Lincoln, from the Old School, and Factory from the New School.   "New York City" still makes me so happy that I'll cry.

***Edit*** So I came back later, and I'm looking at this now thinking... man I love me some John Henry.   
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 06:33:33 pm by smick »
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2006, 06:14:02 pm »

I really hate to rank the TMBG albums, because they're sort of like pizza: even the "worst" ones are still pretty good. I'm less of a fan of Factory Showroom and the Pink Album than I am of John Henry, Flood, Apollo 18, Lincoln, and Mink Car. Oh, and The Spine. The Spine is good too. And No! is all right...

... yeeargh. This may be the most wishy-washy comment in the history of TOUAMB.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2006, 07:59:24 pm »

So I'm the only one who hated Factory Showroom so much that he only listened to it once?

That's the one with that S-E-X-X-Y thing on it, right?

Yeah, that one was pretty much crap.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Apple Gerl
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2006, 08:10:39 pm »

So I'm the only one who hated Factory Showroom so much that he only listened to it once?

That's the one with that S-E-X-X-Y thing on it, right?

Yeah, that one was pretty much crap.

Yes.

Yes.

No. James K. Polk is a great song even without the confetti canon.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up