Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Russian Writing  (Read 10320 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Xngurevar

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Russian Writing
« on: April 05, 2006, 02:37:13 pm »

Braces are hard to do right.  I never got good at them until I took a course on set theory.  Now I write the crispest, pointiest braces you ever did see.  Too bad the only braces I write these days are on the computer.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 06:12:00 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 04:13:21 pm »

I've even begun getting creative with my Russian script.

I am taking Russian, please elaborate.
Logged

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 04:41:19 pm »

Whoah!  I never realized that.  People around here always just referred to one as curly, and the others as not so.  I just figured I would deal with the mild confusion.  But that makes sense.  Good good.
Logged
~

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 04:44:59 pm »

Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 05:47:45 pm »

Υ мзня есть бумага.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 06:06:43 pm »

More than you ever cared to know.

what's the thing that looks like an l with a bar over it?  (second picture, 4th letter)

EVERYONE TALK RUSSIAN NOW.

очень хорошо!
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 06:30:05 pm »

what's the thing that looks like an l with a bar over it?  (second picture, 4th letter)

EVERYONE TALK RUSSIAN NOW.

очень хорошо!

Oh man, is SO cool!

(That's about as much Russian as I know)
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 06:39:23 pm »

More than you ever cared to know.

Are these from your own dear hand Hobot?  What do they read?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 06:51:24 pm »

what's the thing that looks like an l with a bar over it?  (second picture, 4th letter)

EVERYONE TALK RUSSIAN NOW.

[Omitted due to annoying smilies]

That's how I write my "t"s, because my professor permits us to do so (and everyone I know of in my class has taken her up on this allowance).  I really should get into the habit of writing them correctly, though.

[Again, omitted]

EDIT:  Okay, so the Cyrillic works when other people type it, but not when I quote it or type it myself.  I figured this would happen.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 07:44:43 pm by Hobot »
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 06:56:42 pm »

I took Russian for one (1) quarter in college but bailed on it after being informed that not only would I have to learn a whole new alphabet but that I'd also have to learn how to write it in cursive.

Dosvidanya, Boris.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 08:08:27 pm »

Are these from your own dear hand Hobot?  What do they read?

~Paul

Yes, Paul, these are a select few of the flashcards I make to facilitate studying vocabulary words.  The first is pronounced "chor'-ni ko'-fyeh," and means black coffee; the second is the declension of the adjective clean (in the Nominative case) and the forms are pronounced "chi'-sti," "chi-sty'-ah," "chi-sto'-yeh," and "chi-sti'-yeh"; and the third is also a declension of an adjective, this one meaning young, and its forms are pronounced "mah-lah-doy'," "mah-lah-dy'-ah," "mah-lah-do'-yeh," and "mah-lah-dee'-yeh."

I know there are more experienced Russian speakers than I on this board; if the pronunciations I've given are deemed inaccurate, I would defer to the opinion of said people.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 08:33:35 pm »

wow.
I love how I was sitting at school today, and I decided I should take a picture of one of the cool letters, and LO you have done it.

Writing in russian is hell of more impressive. i guess I'll bury those pictures of my writing in the backyard.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 09:04:51 pm »

I know there are more experienced Russian speakers than I on this board; if the pronunciations I've given are deemed inaccurate, I would defer to the opinion of said people.

You sure as hell don't mean me.  I took three semesters of Russian in college, and it's as good as gone.  My practical, real-world usage of Russian consists of saying "We need three chairs, right?" to a Russian dude at a meeting in Germany.  I still remember bits here and there (my post above says "I have a piece of paper"), and can still read Cyrillic, but if claimed to be a Russian speaker at this point I'd be lying.

My German, now that's good shit.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 01:43:05 am »

Yeah, I was wondering about that, Carlos. I was like, "He has paper? Okay."

I am currently in my second semester of Russian. I like it a lot.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: sweet, Ray
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 05:25:08 pm »

More than you ever cared to know.

short cursive Ef looks like a c*ck

with some balls
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up