Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Philippe - is he 5, or retarded?  (Read 7976 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Philippe - is he 5, or retarded?
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2006, 04:46:25 am »

It doesn't mean 'teddy bear', it's simply endearing for 'bear'. There is no such word as 'teddy bear', but if you want to specify that it is a toy, you typically preface it with a material it is made of .. ie. a plush bear. Of course you would use the endearing form when refering to a teddy bear, typically, but it doesn't mean teddy bear.

And the Russian Winnie is so much better than the Disney one, he is kinda witty and sweet, don't be knocking him :(

I think the best english word is 'knuckles', because it is so confusing to pronounce.

You should come 'round more often; I appreciate the correction (my Russian dictionary is to blame in this case).
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Philippe - is he 5, or retarded?
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2006, 04:06:02 pm »

Having worked at Pooh Day in the Park, I can assure you there is nothing endearing about that god damn bear.  (Yes, I know we're talking grammer here people, but seriously.  There is almost nothing I could hate more than the Disney version of Pooh, and my horrible experiences working at Pooh Day.)
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Philippe - is he 5, or retarded?
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2006, 02:05:12 am »

So it is a diminutive. Ha!

A good English word is undulate.
Logged

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: Philippe - is he 5, or retarded?
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2006, 03:32:01 am »

Doesn't really matter, now does it? That boy is hobo food.
Logged
[expletive deleted]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up