Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Choose the best vegetable  (Read 22198 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2006, 03:27:36 pm »

Au contraire!  Artichoke leaves are delicious with a multitude of sauces (curried mayo, anyone) or on their own.  And artichoke hearts are easily worth the work it takes to reach them.

C'mon, the artichoke is a one note symphony and you know it.

~Paul
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 04:02:02 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2006, 03:53:07 pm »

Asparagus.

Did you know:  If you chop a lot of garlic and have the smell on your hands, you can get rid of it by rubbing coffee grounds on your hands.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2006, 04:13:38 pm »

Asparagus was a tempting answer but it's affects on odors and whatnot where it counts* eliminated it from contention. But some grilled asparagus with a medium rare 14oz steak is still condensed and purified awesome.



*I'm talkin' Down Town!
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2006, 04:26:34 pm »

*I'm talkin' Down Town!

Thank you, Star Jones.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2006, 04:40:49 pm »

Thank you, Star Jones.

I saw a clip of her on The Soup (formerly Talk Soup) this weekend and her head looked like skin was pulled tightly around a malformed skeleton's skull.  I mean, I've seen some alien-lookin' people, but she was just out-of-hand.
Logged
ACHIEVE

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2006, 04:54:32 pm »

Thank you, Star Jones.

Wait, does she seriously say that? I just assumed this was standard Simpsons mockery.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2006, 04:59:13 pm »

Wait, does she seriously say that? I just assumed this was standard Simpsons mockery.

I have no idea; I was referring to the "Simpsons" bit.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2006, 06:28:53 pm »

Terri Schiavo?

Zing!

Like the tomato: may or may not be a vegetable, depending on who you talk to.

This is why I love this board.  Tomatoes and Terry Schiavo, figures of controversy in the same discussion.   Rock!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2006, 06:59:23 pm »

Asparagus.

Did you know:  If you chop a lot of garlic and have the smell on your hands, you can get rid of it by rubbing coffee grounds on your hands.

Now i know what to do if I can't get the smell of coffee off my hands.

Also, Wombat, I keep inviting you and you keep not coming.



Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2006, 12:40:36 am »

Can I choose sweet potato?  I love sweet potatoes.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2006, 01:12:03 am »

Also, Wombat, I keep inviting you and you keep not coming.


Because you don't have a clear enough plan for what we do when I refuse to go home. Adopt me? Have me arrested? Poison dart gun full of anesthetic and drive me to the airport fast before it wears off?  Will airlines even accept an unconscious passenger?

And what about the burdock root?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2006, 02:16:39 am »

I don't know if it's a vegetable, but rhubarb for the win!

I also think that vegetables should be renamed vagetables. More people would eat vagetables.
Logged

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2006, 03:53:39 am »

I also think that vegetables should be renamed vagetables. More people would eat vagetables.

I expect only the vagitarians like those.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2006, 08:39:35 am »

I had a 5 pound sack of bunny love in my fridge not a week ago.

Mite I know you not but you have brought joy (and a sig) to my life.

Man you guys have some freaky tastes when it comes to vegetables, maybe it's just because my parents idea of cooking just about every vegetable is to boil it for about half an hour (and then mash it if it is a root vegetable) but I find it hard to get my love on for anything that isn't green and crispy.
Carrots basically make me think of eating moist sawdust.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2006, 11:06:11 am »

Anytime, deary, anytime. Woohoo! I'm a sig!

I also come from a place where we boil vegetables until they can do no harm to anyone. I'm enjoying the south, because here they boil them to death with a ham hock, or bacon, or a whole pig or something. Changes the dynamic a bit.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up