Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Choose the best vegetable  (Read 22186 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2006, 12:38:12 pm »

Collard greens.  Ham hocks.  Yum.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2006, 02:26:25 pm »

Carrots basically make me think of eating moist sawdust.

If it's no longer crispy then it's not a carrot anymore. It's just babyfood at that point. This is way carrots can only be eaten raw or steamed.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2006, 03:34:00 pm »

I don't know if it's a vegetable, but rhubarb for the win!

I also think that vegetables should be renamed vagetables. More people would eat vagetables.

See, I am a rhubarb anti-fan.  Both the SO and I sneered at the abandoned rhubarb patch near my house.  It was agreed that it is something used only by old ladies.  This was confirmed when my mom tried to steal rhubarb from said patch and made a disgusting pie thing that we had to drowned in ice cream to eat without cringing.  Anything that requires such insane amounts of sugar to be edible should not be eaten.  Bleh.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2006, 04:10:59 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2006, 04:33:57 pm »

Paul looks shocked and upset.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2006, 05:02:03 pm »

Paul looks shocked and upset.

That's the look of tart and sweet competing to explode my head.

Take Two

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2006, 08:10:28 pm »

I like how the lady with the blue ribbons on her head is in exactly the same pose in both pictures.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2006, 08:31:22 pm »

I like how the lady with the blue ribbons on her head is in exactly the same pose in both pictures.

Huh, so she is.  That's my super cool friend Mina.  She is half Japanese, she's totally into Harry Potter, (her car is a hippogriff) and to bring this back on topic, she's a vegetarian.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2006, 08:37:52 pm »

her car is a hippogriff

That car is pretty impressive. I am not normally impressed by cars.

What is sad: we are vaguely thinking of getting a car, for the first time ever (after learning how to drive, neither my husband or I ever have). I have never thought about getting a car seriously before. Of course the first things we're looking for are safety, good fuel efficiency, and low maintenance costs. After that, one of the first things that I could barely help thinking was what colour the ground effects should be.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2006, 08:50:22 pm »

That car is pretty impressive. I am not normally impressed by cars.

Oh yeah, you are new here, so you've not seen my car.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2006, 08:52:02 pm »

I'm not surprised at the reaction to the rhubarb incident since we established long ago that the denizens here are pie and baseball hating hooligans.

That was great Ash, i've not seen that before.  That was posted during my exile.  Thanks for the reminder.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2006, 08:59:44 pm »


What is sad: we are vaguely thinking of getting a car, for the first time ever (after learning how to drive, neither my husband or I ever have). I have never thought about getting a car seriously before. Of course the first things we're looking for are safety, good fuel efficiency, and low maintenance costs. After that, one of the first things that I could barely help thinking was what colour the ground effects should be.

On car shopping.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2006, 09:09:10 pm »

On car shopping.

Yes, I appreciate that. Unfortunately, the subway does not go to the awesome hiking spots or the ferry docks very readily. It's only become appealing after moving to Vancouver which has so much awesome stuff to do that is just outside of the city. I really do not ever want to be car-dependent, that's part of why we've avoided it for so long. Also ironic is that part of the appeal of a car is being able to go to somewhere to run long distances. Rental or a car-share program are other options.

Paul: the fire is a very nice touch, particularly because the car does not seem so much the type to spout fire.
Logged

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2006, 09:33:38 pm »

Car Buying!! (the short answer)

safety + good fuel efficiency +  low maintenance costs = Honda or Toyota
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Choose the best vegetable
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2006, 09:35:06 pm »

Not Having a Car = Does Not Compute.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up