Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: April Blogs Bring May Flowers  (Read 17765 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2006, 02:25:53 pm »

That junkie has the same real-life name as me.

Nah, too easy.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2006, 02:38:49 pm »

That junkie has the same real-life name as me.

There's a reason for that, junkie.


(Not too easy for me!)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2006, 04:22:09 pm »

Damn, that's another Terrible Secret of mine revealed.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2006, 04:32:27 pm »

how the hell does Lyle manage to correctly find and sign into his blog site?  seriously, this dude can hardly read, much less write.

Lyle can write quite well when he wants to.

He just don't wanna.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2006, 04:33:16 pm »

Lyle can write quite well when he wants to.

He just don't wanna.

Note also his entries when he was trapped in that prepatory school in bonnie Scotland. That was hella amusing.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2006, 07:06:58 pm »

Yeah, people tend to forget how well-written he was when he was forcefully being sobered up in Scotland. Dude is clearly running from something and doing it well.

I'm not sure what the best part of Beef's entry is: the steak "Flavor Window," or the meditation on people who are probably dead now. (I do this all the time, particularly when depressed.)
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2006, 04:04:18 pm »

I'm not sure what the best part of Beef's entry is: the steak "Flavor Window," or the meditation on people who are probably dead now. (I do this all the time, particularly when depressed.)

I do something similar, like some statistical metacounting.   I'll be driving along on the freeway passing all of these houses.   Then I'll tick them off in my head.  "Someone is crying right now.   Someone is very high on drugs.   Someone is having sex.  Someone is watching television." and I'll be picturing all of these people I've never met doing these mundane, and sometimes outrageous things.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2006, 04:11:15 pm »

The welcome return of Pat! I have to admit, buying a pack of breast is very insulting. I loved the PAT. at the end. Is so Pat and all that.

And how ironic:

Quote
Daylight Savings Time
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2006, 04:28:09 pm »

Yeah, I was going to point that out but didn't want to harp. Even if it did involve proving Pat wrong about something.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2006, 12:57:36 am »

I do something similar, like some statistical metacounting.   I'll be driving along on the freeway passing all of these houses.   Then I'll tick them off in my head.  "Someone is crying right now.   Someone is very high on drugs.   Someone is having sex.  Someone is watching television." and I'll be picturing all of these people I've never met doing these mundane, and sometimes outrageous things.

Right now, Van Halen is planning a world tour. (the video was on VH1 Classic today)

Also: Smick, you in Spokane! I live two hours away from you!

Note to others: In the Inland Northwest, two hours is not very far.
Logged

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2006, 03:00:30 am »

Yeah, people tend to forget how well-written he was when he was forcefully being sobered up in Scotland. Dude is clearly running from something and doing it well.

I'm not sure what the best part of Beef's entry is: the steak "Flavor Window," or the meditation on people who are probably dead now. (I do this all the time, particularly when depressed.)
Holy shit, I never read Lyle's blog since I thought it was all gibberish, but these eloquent detox entries are great.

edit: I actually think a brief story arc featuring a sober Lyle would be kinda interesting, sort of like Nice Pat.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2006, 02:45:01 pm »

Here's some pictures of a Scottsh fold unhappily getting a bath.  My excuse for posting it here is thinking of what a good blog entry Ray would make of the experience.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2006, 03:26:05 pm »

Cute Overload is treasure. Not even just basically like treasure. They are equivalent.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2006, 03:27:16 pm »

I don't know if terrified/pissed-off cats are cute, but that one wide-eyed horror shot did make me laugh.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up