Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That you can post photos to the TOUAMB Flickr Pool?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: April Blogs Bring May Flowers  (Read 17763 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2006, 03:50:46 pm »

Now can we watch the owner taking a bath?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2006, 04:27:57 pm »

Lyle's contribution to the Achewood cookbook is also lucid not not as refined as his Scottish blog entries.  Too bad - I was hoping for a Diamond Juice-enhanced rant about sfcukin' sanitaco biz got ray all futc n prono shoot guz ca''tn wrk onar kichns n fk when I saw that Lyle wrote one of the forewords.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2006, 03:35:39 pm »

So how long before an Isetta shows up in the strip just so Chris can draw one?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2006, 04:20:54 pm »

Regular-bottom women need love too!

That is the weirdest little car I have ever seen.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2006, 04:57:07 pm »

As far as weird cars go, I've always been fond of Things and Karmann Ghias.

Also wtf?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2006, 05:03:26 pm »

Regular-bottom women need love too!

That is the weirdest little car I have ever seen.

I dislike big butts and I cannot tell faslehoods. In fact I'll take a tiny non-butt over a big one any day of the week so of the 3 main categories big comes in dead last.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2006, 05:05:42 pm »

Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2006, 05:14:13 pm »

SmartCar!

I loves SmartCars. They fulfil all the needs of the city; they can fit through small gaps, have ejector seats, look awesome, AND its size means people won't try to get lifts with you!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 08:30:01 pm by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2006, 05:37:01 pm »

SmartCar!

The Post wrote a story about those like 2 years ago claiming they were coming to the US any day now. The funniest part were the ones with the removable panels so you could change the color of your car basically at will.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2006, 05:44:17 pm »

The Post wrote a story about those like 2 years ago claiming they were coming to the US any day now. The funniest part were the ones with the removable panels so you could change the color of your car basically at will.

Do they not sell them in the US yet or did I just misinterpret? They're everywhere in most of Britain's cities, and Pizza Hut delivery boys use them (a sure sign of Speed and Handling). The removable panels are well awesome, I'm not sure but I think custom-made panels are available. If I get one of these, I'm hoping to give it an Achewood makeover.

Maybe a side panel with Ray saying 'You lookin' damn fine ladies'
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2006, 06:50:14 pm »

Do they not sell them in the US yet or did I just misinterpret? They're everywhere in most of Britain's cities, and Pizza Hut delivery boys use them (a sure sign of Speed and Handling). The removable panels are well awesome, I'm not sure but I think custom-made panels are available. If I get one of these, I'm hoping to give it an Achewood makeover.

Maybe a side panel with Ray saying 'You lookin' damn fine ladies'

Nope, they don't sell those [yet].  If you parked one of those on the street around here, you would probably find it tipped over the next morning.
Logged
ACHIEVE

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2006, 07:11:53 pm »

Nope, they don't sell those [yet].  If you parked one of those on the street around here, you would probably find it tipped over the next morning.

We have them in Canada, they seem to be gaining in popularity in the cities. Then again, the Echo was really popular here too.

Isetta with trailer. This picture is awesome. I expect 300 clowns to come piling out of it.
Logged

Hobo Frenzy

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 222
  • fuck*ng Moto Guzzi
    • View Profile
    • the best site in the universe
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2006, 11:05:39 pm »

The Karmann Ghia...oh man I can't begin to tell you how much I love this Volkswagen. It's a beetle with grace and style. It's the predisessor to my current car. And it still looks good after all these years. It's aged well. Yumm.

Smartcars are cool and all but if they ever brought those things over here I'd have to go for a Smart Roadster, grrrrr!

(we need to talk about cars more often here)
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2006, 11:51:13 pm »

Do they not sell them in the US yet or did I just misinterpret? They're everywhere in most of Britain's cities, and Pizza Hut delivery boys use them (a sure sign of Speed and Handling).

Even if I were inclined to have one (not, I have three kids) I can't imagine taking any kind of long trip in it, let alone sharing the road with all the big SUVs and commerical trucks. If you were on a windy bridge and a huge semi went by you at 70mph, wouldn't that little car just blow right off the bridge?
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: April Blogs Bring May Flowers
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2006, 12:41:50 am »

Even if I were inclined to have one (not, I have three kids) I can't imagine taking any kind of long trip in it, let alone sharing the road with all the big SUVs and commerical trucks. If you were on a windy bridge and a huge semi went by you at 70mph, wouldn't that little car just blow right off the bridge?

There is a company importing SmartCars from Canada and modifying them to US legal standards. On their site is a blog of a cross-country rally (LA to NY) in SmartCars. Obviously being an advertising stunt it is preferential to the SmartCars but nobody died or got hurled off a bridge.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up