Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Poll

Wanna Do a Mixdisc Trade?

Yes
- 16 (61.5%)
No
- 0 (0%)
I'll say yes, but i'll never do it
- 7 (26.9%)
I don't want to hear your crappy music
- 3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24


Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: MixDisc '06  (Read 57047 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2006, 02:21:29 am »

so, hm.

on the one hand, putting it up online is so much easier. And any attempt I make at cover art will be un-spectacular, if not insulting.

however, it's always nice to get a package. And making cover art and track lists and the like would give me something fun to do.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2006, 01:37:28 am »

OK, having surmounted, with the able assistance of the Technical Staff, the technological hurdles that I insisted on setting up, my mix is now ready. 

It is entitled The voices in wombat's head. I am not going to post a track list because I want it to be a Surprise, but I will post the text of the Warning Label, which is as follows:

ADVISORY: Contains Explicit Lyrics, Relatively Good-Natured Male-Bashing, Singing Wombats, and Unabashed Folkiness, possibly all at the same time.

Also I should note that the cover art includes a picture of a naked wombat.

PM me if interested with your address and offer of barter.  I will take new mixes or old ones, since I didn't participate last time, and will also entertain proposals for trades for local delicacies such as taro pancake mix, stuffed wombats from your local zoo gift shop, etc.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2006, 01:46:40 am »

oh my goodness

how awesome would it be if I sent everyone a can of cheerwine?
so awesome. but... not cheap. plus it would get hell of shaken up.

I am working on my mix.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2006, 02:10:09 am »

I just tried working on a mix, but the volume levels of all my songs are so drastically different that this is not going to work out at all.

If anyone is truely interested in a seriously eccentric soul/stoner/dance/jazz mix, then let me know and I will carry this out, but as of right now I am throwing in the the towel.
Logged
ACHIEVE

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2006, 02:15:30 am »

I just tried working on a mix, but the volume levels of all my songs are so drastically different that this is not going to work out at all.

If anyone is truely interested in a seriously eccentric soul/stoner/dance/jazz mix, then let me know and I will carry this out, but as of right now I am throwing in the the towel.

This is why god invented mp3gain
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2006, 04:27:12 pm »

I should point out that if my internet stalking skills prove sufficient, some of you are going to get my mix whether you like it or not.

I'm looking at you, August.  Don't make me look you up in the Yellow Pages under 'lawyers'!  I swear I'll do it!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2006, 05:02:06 pm »

I thought I already asked for one.  Oh well.  PM'ing my address.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2006, 01:47:27 pm »

Alright, I am finally done now that I am back in town.  The theme of this album is "Pirates, Mostly.. Mostly Pirates" because I love palindromes (even if it's just the phrases).  I also love pirates.

I poured over this damn thing all morning because I wanted it to be representative, but still something people could listen to more than once.  Songs were scrapped as I figured most everyone would skip them after the first listen; so I hope I have succeeded.  Things I was successful in saving you folks from: Shanties, Aesop Rock (I didn't know how many people would want hip-hop in the middle of the disc really), Thurl Ravenscroft (Seriously.. you should thank me that A Life on the Ocean Waves didn't make it on here).  Anyway, er, here's the tracklist:

QueueMix 101
"Pirates, Mostly.. Mostly Pirates"

1. Mark De Gli Antoni - Los Enfant
2. Adrian Holovaty - Gypsy Jazz Mario
3. Cab Calloway and His Orchestra - St. James Infirmary
4. Tom Waits - Starving in the Belly of a Whale
5. Yoko Kanno - Piano Black
6. Amon Tobin - Verbal Feat. MC Decimal R.
7. Self - Trunk Fulla Amps
8. Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution - Here's to Life
9. Regina Spektor - Sailor Song
10. Peter McConnell - Compaņeros
11. Metric - The Twist
12. Pinback - Lyon (Live in San Francisco)
13. Metisse - Boom Boom Ba
14. Kid Koala - Robochacha
15. Peter McConnell - Swanky Maximino
16. Momus - Is It Because I'm a Pirate?
17. Mr. Scruff - Shanty Town
18. Wilmot - Sabres of Paradise
19. Toenut - Mr. Cockly Puppance, Esq.
20. Solex - The Burglars Are Coming!
21. Mice Parade - More Music for Mallets, Voices
22. Peter McConnel - Los Angelitos
23. Cellar Boys - Wailing Blues (Recorded in 1930)
24. The Fiery Furnaces - Benton Harbor Blues Again
25. Mark De Gli Antoni - They Wave


There.  So if you want a copy hit me up on the PM front.  Word and such.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 06:33:13 pm by misterqueue »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2006, 03:24:49 pm »

I want a copy!

And, yes, I think it is probably for the best that you did not include that Thurl Ravenscroft song. 
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2006, 03:28:54 pm »

And, yes, I think it is probably for the best that you did not include that Thurl Ravenscroft song. 

These people don't know how close they came to being destroyed I tell you.. THEY DON'T KNOW.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2006, 03:49:34 pm »

I'm kinda disapppointed you didn't include the Thurl Ravenscroft song.  Dude just died and all...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2006, 03:57:32 pm »

Yeah, man, I love Thurl Ravenscroft songs.  They're great.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2006, 04:16:11 pm »

WELL DAMMIT!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2006, 06:10:22 pm »

I don't know Thurl Ravenscroft, I could have been educated.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2006, 06:29:14 pm »

Oh you bastards.

Fine.. for a limited time only.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20   Go Up