Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Poll

Wanna Do a Mixdisc Trade?

Yes
- 16 (61.5%)
No
- 0 (0%)
I'll say yes, but i'll never do it
- 7 (26.9%)
I don't want to hear your crappy music
- 3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24


Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: MixDisc '06  (Read 56926 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2006, 01:37:09 am »

I finally finished my mix.  I'll be sending it out by Monday / Tuesday of this coming week, so be prepared!

Here's the final setlist / title-

Red Sea, Red Tide:
What was all the panic for?

01. The Books - Three Day Night
02. The Boy Who Spoke Clouds - Fear at 3am
03. Radio Phnom Pehn - Indefinite State of Emergency
04. Elf Power - Somewhere Down The River
05. Ultramarine - British Summertime
06. Why? - Crushed Bones
07. June Brides - Heard You Whisper
08. Orange Juice - Blue Boy
09. The Oranges Band - Ride The Wild Wave
10. Three Mile Pilot - Glitter Wave
11. Ticonderoga - They Can Run
12. manyfingers - 3 forms
13. The Mountain Goats - Sometimes I Still Feel The Bruise (Trembling Blue Stars cover)
14. Women & Children - Build Me a Castle
15. Hanne Hukkelberg - Break My Body (Live) [Pixies Cover]
16. Birdmonster - No Midnight
17. Richard Buckner - Loaded At The Wrong Door
18. Machinefabriek - The African Guy
19. Matinee Orchestra - The Matinee March
20. Es - Summer and Smiles of Finland

..and on the cover, I stole a drawing of a boat and made it eery and red, so yeah... if you want in on it and haven't PM-ed yet, do so!

---

And yeah, before anyone asks, I nixed my interlude due to allergies.  tons of heavy breathing makes for a bad recording.  if I ever get it right, I'll just post it here later.

[ETA:  The theme of the mix is summer, by the way... I came to that conclusion after I had two wave songs..]
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2006, 11:40:50 pm »

To all: I have received no feedback on my Mix, so I assume it wasn't immensely loved. I will not be sending out any discs (maybe I am just lazy and this is an excuse. I am sorry to any dudes who were interested).

Reminder: www.misterqueue.com/judy if you need to download any of them or something. Burninated!
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #122 on: May 13, 2006, 12:14:49 am »

To all: I have received no feedback on my Mix, so I assume it wasn't immensely loved. I will not be sending out any discs (maybe I am just lazy and this is an excuse. I am sorry to any dudes who were interested).

Reminder: www.misterqueue.com/judy if you need to download any of them or something. Burninated!

Er.. I don't know what happened to that link.  Sorry about that.  I will get it working once more this weekend.

(P.S.  I liked your mix judy.. I did!  Don't do it man, your mixes have so much to live for!)

(P.P.S.  Did you get mine or did the Royal postal service decide I was a danger to the Queen Mum?)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #123 on: May 13, 2006, 01:19:55 pm »

Er.. I don't know what happened to that link.  Sorry about that.  I will get it working once more this weekend.

(P.S.  I liked your mix judy.. I did!  Don't do it man, your mixes have so much to live for!)

(P.P.S.  Did you get mine or did the Royal postal service decide I was a danger to the Queen Mum?)

Q, I thankyou for sacrificing your man-hours and money to keep these online, so give them the axe whenever is needed.

I am glad you liked my mix!

I have not received yours yet. Dark forces are afoot. Maybe they are just shocked that someone is sending something to England.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2006, 04:57:53 pm »

I need to listen to all of my mixes.
and make mine.

I am so bad at remembering to listen to new CD's...

also I need to download Judy's.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2006, 01:27:00 am »

UPDATE:  As of this morning, the mixes have been sent to those who requested a copy and PM-ed me with their address.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2006, 03:22:09 am »

I don't remember to whom I sent my address, BUT if you want my mix (no track listing as that would ruin it) then PM me with your address and it shall be done.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #127 on: May 22, 2006, 09:13:35 pm »

As promised: The Digital Version with added commentary!
So yeah, even if you did get a real copy of my mix, if you want to know the meaning I got from my own mix, you can go ahead and look, but if you'd rather not have it ruin your interpretation, don't. ;D
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2006, 07:30:00 pm »

My Mixdisc is inching closer to being finished.  I'll be making my first test pressing this weekend to see if it flows right.

Jough, did I miss out on your mix?  Did I not send you my address?  I can't remember.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2006, 01:01:05 pm »

Have I posted this?  I forget

FTP from bigfool.com
user ID:  bigfoo_touamb
password:  nicepete
folder:  Catie n Goo

Have at it.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2006, 05:41:09 pm »

Hey, even Zart has joined in!

1. My Bloody Valentine - Sylvie's Head (1:54)
2. Lush - Thoughtforms (2:45)
3. The Charlatans - Come In Number 21 (4:26)
4. Sing-Sing - Tegan (4:52)
5. Snowpony - John Brown (Triumphal March) (4:03)
6. His Name Is Alive - How Ghosts Affect Relationships (3:54)
7. The Auteurs - After Murder Park (2:00)
8. Pia Fraus - The End Of Time And Space Like We Used To Know It (2:11)
9. The Fall - Hotel Bloedel (3:48)
10. Mazzy Star - Ghost Highway (3:28)
11. Wire - French Film Blurred (2:34)
12. The Olivia Tremor Control - Paranormal Echoes (3:31)
13. Peter Escott - Guilty as Hell (2:48)
14. Pale Saints - You Tear The World In Two (3:01)
15. Sonic Youth - Psycho Mafia (2:20)
16. Luke Haines - ESP Kids (Unreleased) (4:32)
17. Huggy Bear - Fuck Yr Heart (3:02)
18. Shellac - Doris (3:10)
19. Flying Saucer Attack - Feedback Song Demo (2:53)
20. Meanwhile, Back in Communist Russia - Heliotrope (5:14)
21. Movietone - Near Marconi's Hut (1:25)
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2006, 06:08:03 pm »

ok, I am sorry. I am not a smart guy about computers.

mr Del_Vaca, is there some trick to save those songs? or do I just listen to them online?
when I click on them, it just plays them there.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #132 on: June 16, 2006, 06:14:22 pm »

Are you using an FTP client of some sort?  You should be able to download 'em to your local machine.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2006, 06:29:51 pm »

actually, I think no.
I just tried things until it asked me to type in a username and password.
"ftp://" actually worked! that was basically an internet Hail Mary.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2006, 07:03:05 pm »

So you're just doing this through your browser?  Which one?

How are the files presented, as links?  Can you right click 'em and pick "Save As?"
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20   Go Up