Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Poll

Wanna Do a Mixdisc Trade?

Yes
- 16 (61.5%)
No
- 0 (0%)
I'll say yes, but i'll never do it
- 7 (26.9%)
I don't want to hear your crappy music
- 3 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 24


Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: MixDisc '06  (Read 56901 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #135 on: June 16, 2006, 07:23:09 pm »

oh goodness. I tried it in IE now, and it let me just copy and paste the song files. Carry on...
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2006, 07:34:03 pm »

oh goodness. I tried it in IE now, and it let me just copy and paste the song files. Carry on...

Give more details please.  How did you do this?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #137 on: June 16, 2006, 07:58:05 pm »

in Internet Explorer, I went to ftp://bigfool.com
and logged in with the password and such
and it just showed up as folders. as if I was in Windows Explorer. so I copied and pasted them into a file on my computer.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #138 on: June 16, 2006, 08:08:13 pm »

Interesting, because when I do that I get a "cannot find server/DNS error."

For those who don't know from FTP clients, I like this one.
Install it and run it.
File --> Connect.
URL = bigfool.com.  User name and password as above.  Everything else, leave the default.  Click OK.
Left-hand window is your computer.  Navigate to where you want to put the files.
Right-hand window:  Open "Catie n Goo" (you're welcome to the other stuff there if you want). 
Select the whole dang list of files.
Click the button with the red, downward arrow on it.
Zing!  Watch it go!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2006, 04:40:17 am »

Have at it.

I think I may post mine for you folks to download too.  I like that idea.

I will however send to those people who have already sent me their addresses, or to anyone who has sent me a mix this year.

I am downloading The Mayor's mix now, on which I have heard only one song previously, so I'm excited. I've never even heard *of* some of these bands/artists before, so I am hoping that I find something new. That is kind of the point of mix discs, no?

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #140 on: June 17, 2006, 09:59:59 pm »

I downloaded the Zart mix.. I know most those bands but not those songs weirdly.. heh.
Yay to Movietone!  they just aren't mentioned often enough.

[ETA:  yep, was quite good.  I'm a fan of shoegaze/britpop

Speaking of which, around the same time as downloading the mix, I downloaded this which semi-reminded me of shoegaze even if it is listed as post rock.. it's that guitar distortion I guess.. hah]
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 11:24:46 pm by starlight »
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #141 on: June 19, 2006, 01:59:30 am »

I am downloading The Mayor's mix now, on which I have heard only one song previously, so I'm excited. I've never even heard *of* some of these bands/artists before, so I am hoping that I find something new. That is kind of the point of mix discs, no?

I'm glad it's having that effect for somebody, because I was worried my mix is all passe.  I know starlight won't find anything new there; hell, I think she introduced me to a couple of the artists via her illegal download-filled livejournal.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #142 on: June 19, 2006, 08:32:29 pm »

I downloaded another mix you had too, Mr. Mayor.  I hope that is okay.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #143 on: June 20, 2006, 01:09:29 pm »

Sure, as long as you post later about HOW AWESOME IT IS
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #144 on: June 20, 2006, 01:35:06 pm »

Where are your other mixes located Mr. Mayor?  Also, how do you get Zart's mix?  Where is that?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #145 on: June 20, 2006, 01:43:03 pm »

Also, how do you get Zart's mix?  Where is that?

~Paul

Zart's mix.  I think you have to sign up with RapidShare to obtain it; maybe other, more computer-savvy people can dispute this, though.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #146 on: June 20, 2006, 03:00:52 pm »

Where are your other mixes located Mr. Mayor? 

If you go to the FTP site mentioned previously, you can find another mix in a folder called "Centreville QC."  That's the 2004 year-end jobby.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #147 on: June 20, 2006, 03:01:49 pm »

That's the one I downloaded also, Mr. Mayor, but I haven't had a chance to listen to either of them yet because I need to fill in the ID3 tags so my iPod will know how to play them.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #148 on: June 20, 2006, 03:10:59 pm »

Zart's mix.  I think you have to sign up with RapidShare to obtain it; maybe other, more computer-savvy people can dispute this, though.

You don't. At the bottom there's an button to click to just use the free version of radidshare. Then it'll make you watch a counter go down from 60 to penalize you for using the free version. Once the counter hits zero the actual download link will appear.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: MixDisc '06
« Reply #149 on: June 20, 2006, 03:20:52 pm »

You don't. At the bottom there's an button to click to just use the free version of radidshare. Then it'll make you watch a counter go down from 60 to penalize you for using the free version. Once the counter hits zero the actual download link will appear.

Righto, but you still have to download it.  But I'm lazy about that sort of thing, so this may just be a hassle for me.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20   Go Up