Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: April 13th, 2006 - They fall in among the trash and become it and are gone  (Read 7605 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

Five quid? You're having a laugh, mate. Our pounds are so incredibly powerful merely one would be enough to witness some pachyderm ballet.

Perhaps: the head splits into quarters and the brain pops out, THEN a tiny elephant rises out of his neck on a platform. Ray takes said elephant, and makes it into the proverbial shish kabob. Phillipe (having made a recovery) joins the meal, and in his kebab... there is a tiny little trunk. He is traumatised.

EEEeeend scene!

Huzzah to you my friend.  Huzzah.


So, back to the topic for the benefit of everyone else's eyes: Achewood is pretty good stuff huh?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

spex

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
    • View Profile

Any strip with a reference to huffing is okay by me.

I find it oddly moving that Phillipe refers to the couch as his "friend." But, oh God, oh God, oh God, he should just RUN HOME NOW.
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/

I think I'm glad the aesthetically challenged duo (couple?) didn't turn out to be cannibal underground hobos like those from Ronin.
For now...
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six

There's something about today's strip that I just don't like, but I can't quite put my finger on it ... I think it may have to do with the way the art is just inverted B+W instead of being the usual "lots of shadows and subtle detail" thing.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com

There's something about today's strip that I just don't like, but I can't quite put my finger on it ... I think it may have to do with the way the art is just inverted B+W instead of being the usual "lots of shadows and subtle detail" thing.

This strip will be hell of wasteful of ink in print form.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK

There's something about today's strip that I just don't like, but I can't quite put my finger on it ... I think it may have to do with the way the art is just inverted B+W instead of being the usual "lots of shadows and subtle detail" thing.

Can't see shadows where there ain't no light, boy.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six

Can't see shadows where there ain't no light, boy.
Can't see white outlines where there ain't no light either.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK

... touche, Mr DNA. Come to think of it, today's strip with only speech bubbles, the rest completely black... ohhhh shiiiiit

The transfer station. I'm thinking of a situation similar to the bus terminal in Closing Time: all junkies lying in corners, defecation out in the open. Probably (please no) not any rape. Then again, Achewood IS 18 plus. But don't tell anybody.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 04:31:20 pm by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

Judy:  I hate to ruin your lovely mental image, but in the US, the 'transfer station' is a garbage dump.  Think about it: Why would they have taken the old sofa to a bus terminal?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefox

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 76
    • View Profile

... touche, Mr DNA. Come to think of it, today's strip with only speech bubbles, the rest completely black... ohhhh shiiiiit

I admit, it bugs me when cartoonists do that, unless it's just to make a joke or take a day off. If you can draw, draw.
And the white outlines still look cool sooo it's ok with me.

Also, Phillippe is totally running after them. I would get the crap out of there. But maybe he just wants to find the couch.

Questions:
how could they go "collecting" if they were blind? I assume they only found Phillippe 'cause he was making noises. Maybe they collect other things which make noise, but that's lame.
What's with the "trash" theme? (Trashspotting and "collecting")
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.

I was a bit disappointed that Stumpy McNo-Legs didn't have a more interesting manner of speech.  Maybe his lanky sidekick will.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

V-Adore

  • Guest

Eh, I dunno. This could be awesome, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.

Maybe the GOF has just gotten my hopes up too much about Achewood arcs with creepy character designs. Once you've gone Latino Health Crisis, you just can't go back!
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

Once you've gone Latino Health Crisis, you just can't go back!

This made me realize that while Latino Health Crisis is a great name when kicking ass and/or taking names it's not exactly crafted for picking up The Ladies. It makes him sound like a PSA. Or possibly a filmstrip that Corporal Klinger would complain about having to watch again.
Logged

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six

Questions:
how could they go "collecting" if they were blind? I assume they only found Phillippe 'cause he was making noises. Maybe they collect other things which make noise, but that's lame.
What's with the "trash" theme? (Trashspotting and "collecting")
I don't think it's "collecting" so much as "homeless guys wandering around where there's lots of old junk", but I'm almost positive that there's some trashspotting link lying in wait.

Which means there'll probably be no mention of trashspotting outside of Emeril's blog for the next few months.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

I like to think of the collectors are like the collectors in the second Gaiman Sandman story arc.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up