Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?  (Read 12273 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2006, 01:18:48 pm »

No mom, I'm not on drugs, I just wanted a pepsi!

That song is gonna be in my head all day, which will make me happy.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Jeepers

  • Guest
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2006, 01:35:29 pm »

This has been the first strip in a while that really clicked for me.

Trashspotting will save the day. It's crazy to me to think that he did the whole T/S backstory just to make it more believeable when he worked it in like this.

also:
"All I know is I see two missing things and not one"
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU sat that I'M crazy?
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2006, 02:08:08 pm »

Yes, probably.  I did a wiki search and it mentioned that Ralph Rene was featured on the show and that the book was self-published.

All covered with cat hair, all stained with greasy food residue, all smelling faintly of mothballs.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2006, 03:15:21 pm »

There's also the fact that the alt text points out to us: not only does Emeril know the freaky collector types, but he knows their names and references them casually, as if they were mutual acquaintances. Absolutely rad.

"He is headed for Transfer Station 3081 and he had better not get there" is a great line in terms of subdued dread, too.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2006, 03:31:22 pm »

I read the strip when I still have the sleepiness in my eyes.   Em is really hard to follow.  I had to read a couple of his statements twice.

Also, In re: Lovely Rita

That song serves to make me want to listen to Mary Anne with the Shaky Hand.

"What they do to a man, those Sh-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-ky haaaaaaands."
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2006, 03:45:43 pm »

Linda can cook
Jean reads books
Cindy can sew
But I'd rather know

Mary Anne With The Shaky Hand
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2006, 03:53:45 pm »

The evolution of Achewood Argot continues, with "in the main" becoming the driving phrase for establishing the primary storyline of the strip, etc.

Echo "trashspotting saves the day".

I like how 'stad is working Emeril in. It's like he was a guest star for a few seasons and has finally signed on with the rest of the ensemble cast, a la Lucy Lawless and Battlestar Galactica (commence television ridicule).

I like this storyline more, now. It was okay at first, but the involvement of the Trashspotting sluething abilities and the car from Peel Out Summer is most pleasant. It's as though they only need to drive when Phillippe is in trouble.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2006, 04:37:49 pm »

BAM!

Emeril kicks it up a notch!

I still think the character is useless and has no personality, but hey, whatever.  Lots of goodness in this strip as mentioned above. 

A+++++++ Good Communication.  Would read again.

basula

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2006, 06:30:10 pm »

Howdy. I was somewhat inspired by Roast Beef's choice of crotch melody, er, ringtone. (Also by hearing the MIDI versions of Teodor's fingerstyle guitar.) So I made my own version (in Nokia AMR format) so I can be cool like Roast Beef.

It's here: http://www.stashbox.org/uploads/1145297341/institutionalized.amr (about 16k)

It works on my Treo and ought to work on most phones. Enjoy!


basula
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2006, 07:04:55 pm »

Howdy. I was somewhat inspired by Roast Beef's choice of crotch melody, er, ringtone. (Also by hearing the MIDI versions of Teodor's fingerstyle guitar.) So I made my own version (in Nokia AMR format) so I can be cool like Roast Beef.

It's here: http://www.stashbox.org/uploads/1145297341/institutionalized.amr (about 16k)

It works on my Treo and ought to work on most phones. Enjoy!


basula

I love this. I want it on my phone. Any idea how to put it on a shitty little LG? I have never even attempted to obtain a ring that didn't come with my phone. But I need this.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

littlefox

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 76
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2006, 08:00:05 pm »

Part of me wants to agree that it's rad that Emeril knows all this stuff, but it's a tad strained that he figured it all out so quickly. I guess that's his Trashspotting Sense at work, but still.

Curious: How does he know Zell and Cory? (Zell is totally the tall creepy one. I bet.)
Is Emeril's familiarity with the Transfer Station related to his fascination with trash in general?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2006, 08:10:46 pm »

Why hasn't this turned into a thread where people talk about what songs they have for ringtones?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2006, 08:16:01 pm »

(Zell is totally the tall creepy one. I bet.)

Cory is the tall one.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefox

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 76
    • View Profile
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2006, 09:54:05 pm »

Why hasn't this turned into a thread where people talk about what songs they have for ringtones?

Why hasn't it turned into a thread where people talk about whether or not the moon landing was faked?

Cory is the tall one.

~Paul

Fine. Fiiiine. You can be right.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: April 17, 2006-- How can YOU say that I'M crazy?
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2006, 10:05:17 pm »

Why hasn't this turned into a thread where people talk about what songs they have for ringtones?

I'll show you mine if you show me first?


Oh what the hell:  Jackson 5 - I Want You Back.
Logged
ACHIEVE
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up