Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannibal Blog  (Read 17325 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2006, 08:18:58 pm »


finally: a math classroom in my school has a diesel sweeties strip on the door. so, either a kid in 8th grade reads diesel sweeties, or the teacher does. hmm.

You find it unlikely that a teacher reads webcomics, Mr. Inevitable?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2006, 08:38:42 pm »

we publish the school newspaper. it is so bad.

My senior year of high school, some friends and I did an underground school paper, because the official school paper was so sucky.  In hindsight, most of what we wrote was colossally stupid, since we were high schoolers and all.  But at the time it was hell of such as fun.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2006, 08:43:31 pm »

so, yes. newspaper class is basically "how to write an article,  and then have the hell censored out of it"

we publish the school newspaper. it is so bad.

they censored the word "censorship" from an editorial about the school censoring our internet access. that is probably my favorite story.
in the interview portion,they not only changed their quotes-- they also changed the questions asked.

My paper did a story like that where everything except the principal's name was blacked out. This was after they started editing the drama depts plays. For this one-act we did they made us remove the line "How the hell does that make sense?" but let us replace it with "that makes as much sense as women drivers!" Another of their edits made saying "What the purgatory?!" popular for about 3 months.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2006, 10:10:14 pm »

man.

the thing is, they censor us about really stupid things. it's completely arbitrary. I would understand if they were consistent... but they aren't.

oh well. me and certain of my friends have talked about doing some kind of alternative paper thing. I don't know.

wombat-- I suppose a teacher could read webcomics. I just found both ideas kind of strange.

of course, I did put an Achewood on my Precalculus teacher's desk once. (why learn geometry?)
I was hoping he'd put it up or something, but he did not. oh well.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2006, 10:22:16 pm »

Yeah, I think many of us have done at least some teaching at some point, dude.  Teaching and reading web comics are not mutually exclusive.  Actually, you'd probably be surprised how your teachers spend their non-teaching time.

True story: I ran into my AP Physics teacher in a strip club a few years ago.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2006, 11:56:53 pm »

Poor li'l theinevitable keeps outing himself as very young even when one tries to give him a subtle hint to retreat from his position. 

Whaddaya think, Jough, should we let him know that teachers are even allowed to, like, have sex in their non-teaching time? 
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2006, 12:06:10 am »

should we let him know that teachers are even allowed to, like, have sex in their non-teaching time?

**GASP**

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2006, 12:10:57 am »

Poor li'l theinevitable keeps outing himself as very young even when one tries to give him a subtle hint to retreat from his position. 

Whaddaya think, Jough, should we let him know that teachers are even allowed to, like, have sex in their non-teaching time? 

But surely, it is for procreation purposes only.
Logged
ACHIEVE

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2006, 12:23:08 am »

Poor li'l theinevitable keeps outing himself as very young even when one tries to give him a subtle hint to retreat from his position. 

Whaddaya think, Jough, should we let him know that teachers are even allowed to, like, have sex in their non-teaching time? 

Well, there is a provision that the partner be of majority. There's been a few lady teachers having a small problem with that lately.

Where the FUCK were these women when I was in High School? That's all I want to know.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2006, 12:29:28 am »

But surely, it is for procreation purposes only.

Of course, where else would we get teachers? They must be born into it, otherwise there wouldn't be any. Procreating is a teacher's duty to the state.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2006, 12:35:37 am »

goodness. I wasn't being down on teachers. or imagining that they don't have sex (most awkward thing ever: seeing my sex ed teacher's husband. he walked in, and we all kind of looked at him and thought "wow. so this is him. her conception of sex, considering how long they've been married, is 90% related to having sex with this guy.")

I dont' know. I just thought about my 8th grade math teacher, who was not a fun lady.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2006, 01:26:45 am »

Yeah, I think many of us have done at least some teaching at some point, dude.  Teaching and reading web comics are not mutually exclusive.  Actually, you'd probably be surprised how your teachers spend their non-teaching time.

True story: I ran into my AP Physics teacher in a strip club a few years ago.

STORY TIME:

Okay, so I'm not a big fan of strip joints because they bore the shit out of me.  The allure I once had of watching some guy named Earl stare longingly at "his prize" and repeatedly ask the bouncer if she got the flowers he sent her lost something long ago.  However, if pestered enough I do accompany friends on their excursions.

Anyway, one night I was at said club when I noticed a girl I recognized from High School.  This was not necessarily creepy in and of itself but then she came up and started chatting it with me like it was old times.  This was still not really creepy.  Then she offered me a lapdance.  Still not all that creepy.  The creepy part is that she did this after I saw her not two weeks prior out and about when she was about 8 months pregnant or so (estimated of course).

I did not stick around to find out if the baby had been born Cesarean or not.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2006, 01:51:50 am »

I dont' know. I just thought about my 8th grade math teacher, who was not a fun lady.

Ah, but that's the thing.  How do you know?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2006, 01:55:48 am »

hm.

I dont' know. I just have a negative assumption, because she left the school after her son was expelled.


for beating another boy with a bat.


because he wasn't giving him the money he owed.


for drugs.

she thought this was unfair, and quit.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2006, 02:04:22 am »

For the record, I am not a fan of strip clubs either.  That whole "no touching" thing is just frustrating.  I mean, what's the point? 

I was actually only there that time because of a friend's bachelor's party.

ALSO: I have never been with a prostitute because I fear their disease.  Of course, I worry about this with nice girls who don't fuck for money too.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up