Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannibal Blog  (Read 17355 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2006, 02:08:00 am »


ALSO: I have never been with a prostitute because I fear their disease.  Of course, I worry about this with nice girls who don't fuck for money too.


I fear rickets.. and lupus... oh and scurvy.  I have no idea why I fear things that are much less likely to happen than say cancer.  This is basically a problem.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2006, 02:41:53 am »

I fear blood clots in my legs suddenly escaping to another part of my body and killing me. I also don't worry as much about cancer as about rarer things, except that I do I worry about getting cancer after not worrying about cancer and therefore dying in an annoyingly ironic way.

And why wasn't my high school as exciting as theinevitable's?  We did have a teacher marry a former student, which seems rather scandalous, but it was after I was gone.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2006, 02:55:40 am »

I fear blood clots in my legs suddenly escaping to another part of my body and killing me.

This happened to my mother last June, only they caught it in time and were able to put a seive in her vein to keep it from getting to her heart.  She's OK now.

She went to the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida (they have a branch there, who knew?) in January and had a bunch of tests.  One of the things they told her is that she's genetically predisposed to throw clots.

So I've got that goin' for me.  Along with the virtual certainty that I'll start developing lil' skin cancers all over my face and neck in 10 years or so.  Thanks Dad!

Fuckin' DNA.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2006, 02:57:11 am »

which part is exciting? the baseball bat thing?

I guess. This was when I was in 8th grade. I wasn't really that aware of the whole thing.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2006, 03:47:14 am »

I'm genetically predisposed to ridiculous cholesterol ratings, so my fears in this regard are obvious. I'm also scared shitless of neurological disease; my grandmother was recently diagnosed with a brain tumor, and while it was removed without incident, I spent two or three days wandering around terrified. (And snappish: "oh god don't give me shit about this MY GRANDMA HAS A BRAIN TUMOR, YOU FUCKS")

I'm also pretty much predisposed to be a teacher, too. My mom and most of my aunts and uncles teach, and my dad moved from university housing administration to high-school teaching. I suspect it's my dharma.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2006, 04:07:09 am »

My Dad developed a clot on a plane trip to Vegas, and will be taking coumadin for the rest of his life.  His father did as well.  But I don't fear this as much as cancer or diabetes.

DIABETES!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 04:26:17 am by miles »
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2006, 04:16:49 am »

Well, the fact that they can put a little screen door in your dang aorta does provide some sense of relief.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2006, 04:49:43 am »

man
don't fear the aorta-blood-clot
yesterday it was established that there are girls who are into this.
right as you 'max, you stand up, causing a blood clot to rush to your heart and kill you.
is so hot.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2006, 11:44:47 am »

This happened to my mother last June, only they caught it in time

So how do I make sure they catch it in time?  See I have cramps in my legs all the time.  But that is likely because I spend six hours a day walking and standing in boots that don't fit all that great.  So, see, how I am going to tell the other pains apart?  Oh god.

And why is the shot in the stomach?

But hey, how about those cannibals?  And rickets!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2006, 02:25:38 pm »

Maybe you should get better fitting boots?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Cannibal Blog
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2006, 04:01:17 pm »

Oh you say that like it is simple.  Have you ever looked at a wombat's feet?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up