Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Hobot!!  (Read 10617 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2006, 01:03:16 pm »

Jough - you can't just go changing the header and background image when there's a possibility I'll see it early in the morning at work whille hung over.  I had to reload the page twice before I realized what the hell was going on.

Aside from that, Happy Birthday Hobot!  I'm sure that life will bring you a generous bounty of glee today.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2006, 01:09:43 pm »

Happy birthday!  May your stalkers give you respite today.

But considering the header, doesn't look like it's going to happen.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2006, 01:27:11 pm »

CTRL + F5 if you are in windows womby.

Oohh... Well, honey, this is why your momma warned you not to give your picture to strange men on the internet.  Because they will pass it on to other strange men who will do strange things to it.

Also Jough I am disappointed that you didn't recognize Paul's post as obvious satire.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2006, 02:27:31 pm »

Also Jough I am disappointed that you didn't recognize Paul's post as obvious satire.

Apparently satire is hott!
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2006, 02:32:13 pm »

I am sorry if my floating visage has creeped you out.  Remember, it's only for one day.  Just think of it as a gentle reminder that I'm always watching.

Thank you for the birthday wishes, everyone!  I skipped my first class this morning, so the day is already off to a fantastic start.  

And yes, Jough, I am very honoured.  I am sorry if the rest of the more deserving old school members resent me for it; my advice to them is to obtain a stalker as dedicated as Q.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2006, 02:35:50 pm »

Hey there, happy birthday!
Since I couldn't get you a case of white zinfandel, and to make up for your class-skipping, I will bestow upon you the gift of education: Today also happens to be a national holiday here in Brazil, in honor of this dude who in 1792 went all seditious and conspiratious with a bunch of other dudes in order to get some Independence. And for that he was hanged and quartered, in that order I hope.
Kinda like Braveheart, see? Only a little more boring.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2006, 02:53:40 pm »

Hope the big One-Nine is treatin' you well, Hobot. Remember only two more years and you can drink a beer without running afoul of the law.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2006, 03:26:12 pm »

The header is madness. Madness, I tell you.

But... you know, in a good way. In a fun, nice way. Or something.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2006, 03:33:11 pm »

I am sorry if my floating visage has creeped you out.  Remember, it's only for one day.  Just think of it as a gentle reminder that I'm always watching.

Actually, I like it. It brings a creepy nervous energy to the board.  I think that tomorrow I will change back the logo, but will leave the floating Hobot heads up there.

Quote
And yes, Jough, I am very honoured.  I am sorry if the rest of the more deserving old school members resent me for it; my advice to them is to obtain a stalker as dedicated as Q.

Or a web admin who is as willing to help said stalker advance his internet virtual stalking, as long as said stalking remains virtual.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 04:52:43 pm by jough »
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2006, 03:49:20 pm »

Happy birthday Hobot.  May you always be more of a ho than a bot.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2006, 04:14:17 pm »

I think that tomorrow I will change back the logo, but will leave the floating wombat heads up there.


The floating what heads? 

Interesting slip Mr. G.O.D.!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2006, 04:21:22 pm »

Happy Birthday Hobot! What's left of your day will hopefully not involve death.

Would you know it, it's also the Queen's birthday today!

Sorry for the late birthday greetings, but timezones and school really do conspire to fuck things up.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2006, 04:36:52 pm »

Happy Birthday Hobot! What's left of your day will hopefully not involve death.

Would you know it, it's also the Queen's birthday today!

Sorry for the late birthday greetings, but timezones and school really do conspire to fuck things up.

As a recovering Anglophile, I was distantly aware of the fact that it is the Queen's birthday as well.  It is also the day on which Rome was founded, which is apt, considering my real name is Latin.

The greetings are hardly belated, as it is only noon-thirty here.  Thank you for your good wishes from across the Pond!
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2006, 04:39:35 pm »

Actually, I like it. It brings a creepy nervous energy to the board.  I think that tomorrow I will change back the logo, but will leave the floating wombat heads up there.

Or a web admin who is as willing to help said stalker advance his internet virtual stalking, as long as said stalking remains virtual.

Yes, obviously none of this would have been possible without the benevolent compliance of our much-beloved Lord and Master.  Three cheers for Jough!
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2006, 04:54:05 pm »

The floating what heads? 

Interesting slip Mr. G.O.D.!

Oops!  Paging Dr. Freud!

I secretly replaced one internet stalker's muse with another's.  I am ashamed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up