Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Hobot!!  (Read 10621 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2006, 08:30:30 pm »

I don't mean to steal anyone's thunder, but Hobot picked a good date for her birthday.  It's also my and Mrs. del Vaca's weddin' anniversary.  Five years, holy crap.

Good birthin', Hobot.  Have a happy.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2006, 08:36:19 pm »

I don't mean to steal anyone's thunder, but Hobot picked a good date for her birthday.  It's also my and Mrs. del Vaca's weddin' anniversary.  Five years, holy crap.

Good birthin', Hobot.  Have a happy.

Thank you, and congratulations to you and the missus.  Truly, today is the most glorious of days.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2006, 08:57:26 pm »

Also congrats to Good Sir Carlos!  I appologize as I do not have any pics of you and the ladywife to give to jough and put on the main page.. but that does not mean I mean the congrats ANY LESS.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2006, 11:26:22 pm »

Congrats, Carlos! That's some refreshingly non-creepy news in this otherwise... well, Q-stained thread.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2006, 12:58:04 am »

At least by changing the header Q has a more legitimate reason to beat off while looking at the board now.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2006, 01:31:08 am »

Paul Jough got a little creepier than usual on that last post.


Repeated that for you.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2006, 05:34:47 pm »

hmm.

The reason for the headphone thing is that I listen to all music on headphones. So I automatically assume that all music sounds better on them.

they're good on anything that lets you hear direction-- especially "There you Are"

yeah, hope you and sarah had a good time watching asian movies.
and I hope i will get the chance to explain certain things which I sent text messages to her about.
I am not that guy, I swear.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2006, 06:13:06 pm »

hmm.

The reason for the headphone thing is that I listen to all music on headphones. So I automatically assume that all music sounds better on them.

they're good on anything that lets you hear direction-- especially "There you Are"

yeah, hope you and sarah had a good time watching asian movies.
and I hope i will get the chance to explain certain things which I sent text messages to her about.
I am not that guy, I swear.

I have some pretty awesome speakers (they look like spaceships!), but, like I said, I wouldn't mind investing in a nice pair of headphones.  It's something to look into.  Do you (or does anyone) have any recommendations?

Sarah and I did indeed have a nice time with our mini Asian movie fest.  She seemed to enjoy "Oldboy" quite a bit (I had already seen it, and loved it just as much the second time).  Unfortunately, we fell asleep in the middle of "2046," because it was around 2 AM at that point.  Oh well.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2006, 06:44:32 pm »

I don't know. I've been unhappy with my headphones ever since my old ones broke.

they were huge. I loved them. I don't remember who made them.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2006, 07:03:14 pm »

Fuck headphones. Only with speakers can you feel the pulse.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2006, 07:06:09 pm »

yeah, the pulse where my dad is pounding on the door because I woke up my mom.

except, he's never done that. There was a fun scene where I didnt' realize that because the stereo was old/fancy, inserting the headphone jack did not turn off the speakers.

the loud part of Don, Aman (Slint) was not fun for my mom at like 2 AM.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2006, 10:01:12 pm »

Ya know what I just realized, the problem with headphones is the cord.  Wireless headphones, that's a million dollar idea right there.

And you can hook up many to one output!  Make that a billion dollar idea!

I haven't used headphones since I got a car.
Logged
ACHIEVE

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2006, 01:11:37 am »

I have a set of wireless headphones and they're great for watching movies late at night without waking up anyone else who may be in the same house/room with you.

For music... not so much.  They work, but they're not so great sounding.  Of course, I'm spoiled by my Sony in-ear canal phones, which sound phenomenal.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2006, 01:36:56 am »

Of course, I'm spoiled by my Sony in-ear canal phones, which sound phenomenal.

Yes, that's what I have and I agree.  So you can understand why I prefer them to the factory speakers in my car.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2006, 04:43:19 am »

There's nothing better to have in your ear when the paramedics are using the jaws of life to cut away the bent metal that has wrapped around your body after the accident.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up