Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Well DUH  (Read 8649 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Well DUH
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2006, 04:51:45 pm »

HoboF, I disagree.  I think he's a liar.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Well DUH
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2006, 05:13:17 pm »

I suspect he prevaricates!
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Well DUH
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 05:14:52 pm »

Fabrications Falsehoods and Folly!

My goodness Internet you did so tell me you would never fill yourself with terminological inexactitude!

My naivete!  She is broken!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Well DUH
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2006, 05:51:23 pm »

I don't get it...

does he think it is cool to slap his wife?

is that what the joke is?

Maybe it's a regional thing.

like how north of the mason-dixon line, it is acceptable to urinate in public, or cuss in front of a lady.

I find these things intolerable, but my Civics teacher says that that's what makes America Great! (emphasis hers.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Well DUH
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2006, 05:57:05 pm »

I don't get it...

does he think it is cool to slap his wife?

is that what the joke is?

Maybe it's a regional thing.

like how north of the mason-dixon line, it is acceptable to urinate in public, or cuss in front of a lady.

I find these things intolerable, but my Civics teacher says that that's what makes America Great! (emphasis hers.)

It is also acceptable to say "wicked," as in, "Wicked awesome!"

I find this thing intolerable.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Well DUH
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2006, 06:48:22 pm »


like how north of the mason-dixon line, it is acceptable to urinate in public, or cuss in front of a lady.


You can cuss in front of me any time, but I better not catch you peeing in MY neighborhood.  I assume that this is because in Maryland we have such a confused regional identity.

Note:  In many areas of the North it is very cold at certain times of year.  Please consider this before making any outdoor urination decisions.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Well DUH
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2006, 06:49:13 pm »

My wife's stepfather thinks he's an insult comic, but he's really not good at it.  So instead of funny, he comes off as mean and hurtful.

When they last visited our house, he was trying to explain away something stupid he had done.  So he says to his wife (my mother-in-law), "I know what I'll tell them.  I got drunk and beat you..."

Dude, just stop right there.  Nothing you could possibly say next will make that funny.  Nothing.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Well DUH
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2006, 07:05:49 pm »

You can cuss in front of me any time, but I better not catch you peeing in MY neighborhood.  I assume that this is because in Maryland we have such a confused regional identity.

Note:  In many areas of the North it is very cold at certain times of year.  Please consider this before making any outdoor urination decisions.

I think we all want to know: can it freeze while in mid-air? Have you seen this happen?
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Well DUH
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2006, 07:08:46 pm »

I have microwaved mugs of water and thrown them up in the air on 50-below days before, and it does go poof and freeze into little drops (some of it, anyway). I can only assume urine would do the same. Since I don't have the accuracy of some of you boys, I think I'll leave that particular experiment to the pros.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Well DUH
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2006, 07:19:00 pm »

I have to say that, despite living the vast bulk of my life north of the Mason-Dixon line, I have never lived anywhere where anyone thought that urinating in public was even slightly cool. I'm convinced this is an urban legend, the kind of thing that's always acceptable Over There, Over the Fence, where Their Habits Are Different From Ours (read: weird and gross), but is never acceptable anywhere anyone actually lives.

As for cussing in front of a lady, well, I do it all the time!
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Well DUH
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2006, 07:22:26 pm »

Are you equating urinating in public with urinating out of doors?   Because they're not the same.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Well DUH
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2006, 07:27:01 pm »

I have only urinated in public when A) it was an emergency or B) I was drunk and in netiher case do I find it acceptable.

Does the long ring finger make one predisposed to do things that are soically unacceptable?

Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Well DUH
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2006, 07:28:07 pm »

Are you equating urinating in public with urinating out of doors?   Because they're not the same.

Well I'm sure hoping that 'urinating in public' in the sense of, say, on the carpet of the lobby of the public library, would be out of bounds whatever your geography.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Well DUH
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2006, 08:13:07 pm »

Well I'm sure hoping that 'urinating in public' in the sense of, say, on the carpet of the lobby of the public library, would be out of bounds whatever your geography.

Unless you're a bibliophobe with little shame.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Well DUH
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2006, 08:22:29 pm »

Unless you're a bibliophobe with little shame.

"Take that John fuck*ng Updike!"  *PPssssssssss*

*stern librarians jump me and drag me out.. but very carefully*
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up