Thought I'd add two one hundredths of a dollar to this, just for the hell.
I hate college. I hate the classes, (many of) the people and (many of) the professors. This is probably because I'm a dumbass and can't comprehend arithmetic or reading comprehension, but aside from that, it seems to me that college is just a more elaborate and involved version of high school that you're more likely to fail at. I'm also not a fan of the whole "academia" thing to begin with (in fact I'm writing my term papuh about that now, "Jane Eyre and Wide Sargasso Sea: Intellectual Parasitism"). I went to college because my parents wouldn't not let me, I have no actual skills or work ethic, so I can't exactly survive on my own quite yet, and I thought "just maybe, it won't suck". I was wrong about the last one.
The work isn't any more "meaningful" for me, it's the same stuff, just harder. This is probably more a problem with me, as I'm not interested enough in my chosen field to really find it fulfilling and the fields I am interested in are above and beyond my faculties. But basically, what I'm trying to say, if you care to listen, is that anyone going to college shouldn't expect a revelatory experience of learning and fun and personal revelation or any of that. If that's your experience (as I hear it is for many people) more powuh to you. I, will be over here, bitching.