Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuck BirthDAY When you're G.O.D. you get a WEEK  (Read 6063 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck BirthDAY When you're G.O.D. you get a WEEK
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2006, 03:28:26 pm »

Happy birthday, guy who has the same last name as me but is no relation.  Enjoy continuing to be 10 years younger than me!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck BirthDAY When you're G.O.D. you get a WEEK
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2006, 04:01:34 pm »

Happy Actual Birthday.  May your pee always be clear-ish yellow, and your teeth never scabby.

I will drink a beer to you tonight.

Actually, I will incidentally drink a beer, and the thought of you may cross my mind.

Felicitations!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Fuck BirthDAY When you're G.O.D. you get a WEEK
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2006, 04:33:56 pm »

Thank you.  People doing things necesssarily and then thinking of me is the best I can expect these days.

Also, thank you to Wombat for my mix cd and also tiny cans of dr pepper!!!  The sad camera phone photo does not do them justice:


Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Fuck BirthDAY When you're G.O.D. you get a WEEK
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2006, 05:34:27 pm »


This is how Jough lives. Dangerously.

Jough, I hope you have had a great birthday, and got plenty of presents. You are an excellent dude.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck BirthDAY When you're G.O.D. you get a WEEK
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2006, 05:41:31 pm »

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Fuck BirthDAY When you're G.O.D. you get a WEEK
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2006, 06:45:34 pm »

Awesome!

Also, maybe I shouldn't be posting this here, but Wombat's mix disc is GREAT (except for the springsteen - sorry, hon, but the "boss" ain't the boss of ME) and I was just thinking of the girl that I lost that Iris Dement CD to yesterday (in my mopey THIS IS YOUR LIFE sadness that is reflecting on growing older, aided by HOOCH).

Anyway, to recap: awesome.

Also, Judy, that is a fine MS Paint drawring.  It is my desktop background right now.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Fuck BirthDAY When you're G.O.D. you get a WEEK
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2006, 06:48:01 pm »

Happy Birthday, Jough!  No matter what you say, I know your terrible secret: You're actually a nice guy.

Oops!  Sorry to blow your cover.*





*I deliberately left this open to misinterpretation because IT IS YOUR BIRTHDAY.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Fuck BirthDAY When you're G.O.D. you get a WEEK
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2006, 06:48:36 pm »

P.S. Following Wombat's flickr link led me to see those Kogepan photos, which were hilariously cute.  I especially like this one.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Fuck BirthDAY When you're G.O.D. you get a WEEK
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2006, 06:49:44 pm »

Not just my cover!  Man, for a girl who doesn't eat meat...

Anyway, thank you all again.  Although I am sad now that I get more love from an internet message board than from... well, anywhere else.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Fuck BirthDAY When you're G.O.D. you get a WEEK
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2006, 07:13:14 pm »

Damn.. I already said Happy Birthday and I didn't get you a set of tiny shrinky dink cans or a jpg or a blowjob or a custom avatar.

I guess I'm a pretty crappy board brown noser.

But hey, take comfort in the fact that I didn't get you that severed head like I promised.


I would have written on it in blood "I DID IT FOR YOU!"
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fuck BirthDAY When you're G.O.D. you get a WEEK
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2006, 07:15:18 pm »

MORE LYLE I HATE THOSE DOGS OR WOT THEY ARE ANYWAY.

this statement is so beautiful.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fuck BirthDAY When you're G.O.D. you get a WEEK
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2006, 07:33:11 pm »


Also, maybe I shouldn't be posting this here, but Wombat's mix disc is GREAT

It is wrong for this to turn into a thread about how clever wombat is, but I have to say how lovely it is to hear this when for years I've been the village idiot of the board as far as current music is concerned.  (Also I will forgive you, and pass on your gratitude to the Technical Staff, who walked around while I was making the disc yelling "LESS BRUCE!")

I should say that August deserves credit as creative consultant on the tiny cans shrinky dink project. And I suppose I should mention that there are a few songs on that disc that I would never have found except due to various more and less roundabout paths from advice given on this board.  So if I am clever it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giant imaginary friends.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Fuck BirthDAY When you're G.O.D. you get a WEEK
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2006, 08:51:52 pm »

Yeah, talk about a gift that keeps on giving...

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fuck BirthDAY When you're G.O.D. you get a WEEK
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2006, 09:02:37 pm »

LESS BRUCE
LESS BRUCE
PAY ATTENTION!

This is how I imagine "the technical staff".

If I had a paypal account, and money, this gift would be on its way. As it is, I have neither. It will come later (ie: when I get off my ass and get a summer job.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up