Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006  (Read 9351 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2006, 04:20:34 pm »

Christ, forget shanking, I'll rip yer fuck*ng ankles off!

I will walk away now. This thread has been raped for long enough.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2006, 04:30:17 pm »

So mom-talk aside, did it take anybody else several panels to realize that Beef meant "dog shit" literally and not just as an exclamation? I thought he'd pulled/torn a muscle. After all they went running after Philippe without stretching first.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2006, 04:39:23 pm »

Three Thousand.

Yeah, definitely no longer post before my morning coffee.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2006, 04:53:41 pm »

So mom-talk aside, did it take anybody else several panels to realize that Beef meant "dog shit" literally and not just as an exclamation? I thought he'd pulled/torn a muscle. After all they went running after Philippe without stretching first.

Yeah, I definitely thought this for a while.



I totally missed the mom-insults part of this thread.  What a shame.  This is what I get for sleeping in.  Why did I get mentioned, though? 
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2006, 04:54:31 pm »

Yeah, I definitely thought this for a while.



I totally missed the mom-insults part of this thread.  What a shame.  This is what I get for sleeping in.  Why did I get mentioned, though? 

TI was attempting to goad me, I wouldn't worry about it, because, as usual: I win.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2006, 04:54:44 pm »

I'm kind of intrigued at the "junkie darts" idea.  Do they throw Teodore at the dart board, or do they throw darts at him?  Only time will tell.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

bob loblaw

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2006, 05:21:33 pm »

#1 CHOLO, BITCHES

¡NUMERO U-N-O!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2006, 05:25:07 pm »

So mom-talk aside, did it take anybody else several panels to realize that Beef meant "dog shit" literally and not just as an exclamation? I thought he'd pulled/torn a muscle.

No, because 'SKLURCH!' is clearly not the sound of twisting your ankle.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2006, 05:32:02 pm »

No, because 'SKLURCH!' is clearly not the sound of twisting your ankle.

If you twisted it hard enough, it would go SKLURCH.

I find it odd that I consider Roast Beef's mishap as the 'side bit' of today's comic and Phillipe's choosing as the 'main bit', despite having many less panels. Not many comics can do this.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2006, 05:44:05 pm »

I'm kind of intrigued at the "junkie darts" idea.  Do they throw Teodore at the dart board, or do they throw darts at him?  Only time will tell.

They throw their heroin needles at him. JUNKIES. Get it? It's klind of a sly joke.
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2006, 06:17:09 pm »

I can only wonder if Onstad had this strip in mind when he originally ran the Ray dogshit strip.  If so, I am impressed by his tenacity in saving the Beef strip for so long.  I suppose I'll never know.

Today's strip puts that one under a totally different light. Was Ray taking snapshots of his foot sunk in dogshit just to freak Beef out? And all the while he kept talking about "old times" Beef was going god ohhh god ohhhhh this... juuust... ruuuuuude on the other end? We'll never know...

Anyway, I still can't figure out how one can get stuck in a fridge, to be honest. I too grew up under this parental anathema (especially since my uncles owned a grocery store and I enjoyed playing in the parking lot behind it where there was always an old fridge or two lying around). But even then I thought "come on, if you don't need that much strength to open a fridge from the outside, how hard can it be to do it from the inside, where you could even use your legs to kick it open?". But still, I never dared to put my theory to test.
Unless the whole lore comes from the days of those really old fridges with that lever-thing kind of handle that actually seemed to make things more complicated.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2006, 06:23:19 pm »

Unless the whole lore comes from the days of those really old fridges with that lever-thing kind of handle that actually seemed to make things more complicated.

I think that's it exactly.  Which is why you don't see fridges with door latches anymore, despite the fact that they are probably more efficient at keeping the cold air in.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2006, 07:18:00 pm »

For a second, I thought Beef had somehow soiled hiimself, then I realized he had stepped in dog poo.

Is the rest of the storyline going to have Phillipe trying naively to decide between bad options?

"Maybe I can use that old box full of rusty nails to climb up to the next level of trash! Or that rusty drum leaking the glowing blue liquid!"
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2006, 07:57:13 pm »

oh man. Judy, I am sorry. I was making a joke about your mom giving birth. Because that is a thing that occurs during birth.
I saw it in a movie. I thought you would get it. sorry.

Hobot: you were mentioned because I was being rediculous. also, because you are my Oedipal Mother.


Jough! Jough! I was reading old posts and I saw this!

Personally, I don't think the end will come until we see a sticker depicting Calvin peeing on Hobbes.

goodness me!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 09:28:30 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2006, 09:59:23 pm »

I totally can't even keep track of all the trash-talkin' in this thread. Good show, boys, good show.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up