Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have quit  (Read 7434 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: I have quit
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2006, 07:48:42 pm »

Eh.  I've been to the astral plane.  Why spend months meditating when the right combination of drugs can get you there in like 90 minutes?

There are different approaches to meditation, of course the more popularized one is about having trippy enlightening experiences. The other (much more useful) one is about getting your mind to shut the fuck up for 20 minutes or so. It's pretty good for getting out of 'stuck in a loop' sort of mental states if you give it an honest try.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I have quit
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2006, 08:28:06 pm »

V-Adore:

OH MY GOD CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT

I want to snuggle it a few times.

damn, now I am upset about missing the cat that I helped my ex-girlfriend pick out. he is the laziest cat in the world. he walks five feet, and then lays down. it is adorable.

his name is henry and I miss him. damn.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: I have quit
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2006, 08:37:55 pm »

There are different approaches to meditation, of course the more popularized one is about having trippy enlightening experiences. The other (much more useful) one is about getting your mind to shut the fuck up for 20 minutes or so. It's pretty good for getting out of 'stuck in a loop' sort of mental states if you give it an honest try.

I know, I was just be facetious.  I am a buddhist, ya know.

And worse comes to worst, there's always cold medication.
Logged
ACHIEVE

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: I have quit
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2006, 08:50:00 pm »

Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: I have quit
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2006, 08:52:12 pm »

I know, I was just be facetious.  I am a buddhist, ya know.

And worse comes to worst, there's always cold medication.

I hear pseudoephedrine's getting harder to buy these days too (as a precursor).

Actually, when I first took it for a cold (and managed like 12 hours of effective mental work, which is not common), I was kind of surprised it was still legal. I could see it as being pretty easy to get hooked on. Then I looked it up, and apparently it was a favourite among the AA crowd, at about 4 times the recommended daily dose.
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: I have quit
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2006, 08:56:27 pm »

V-Adore:

OH MY GOD CAT CAT CAT CAT CAT

I want to snuggle it a few times.

Ahem.

That is my cat. He is only available for snuggling when he's asleep. When he's awake, he can't stop batting at things long enough to snuggle. He totally plays me - he meows pathetically until I go and play with him. But tomorrow, he gets his last round of shots, and then Philippe gets to play with Moggie, our other cat. She spent most of the last week hiding in the kitchen cupboards, but now she's warming up to him, and they bat at each other under the door that separates them. So cute!

Dawg - I'm honored to have your reincarnated cat. He rocks pretty hard.

*****-God - Next to Scotch, cold medicine is my favorite legal drug. That reformulated sudafed is shit, but the good stuff...ahh, it makes me love allergy season.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: I have quit
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2006, 09:05:59 pm »

#####-God - Next to Scotch, cold medicine is my favorite legal drug. That reformulated sudafed is shit, but the good stuff...ahh, it makes me love allergy season.

You sure said it.  One time I grabbed the bottle to pop one last Benadryl but instead of a pill, I poured a glass of milk into my hand.
Logged
ACHIEVE

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I have quit
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2006, 09:13:02 pm »

this fellow has said that he has quit drugs for a job.
and we respond by talking about legal drugs.
and cats.

goodness gracious me.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: I have quit
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2006, 09:27:53 pm »


Dawg - I'm honored to have your reincarnated cat. He rocks pretty hard.


His classic move as a young cat would be to sit next to you unnoticed as you are putting on yours socks. Then, when both your hands are engaged in putting a sock on, he'll take off running with the other sock in his mouth trailing behind him like a pennant.

Later, you'll move and find 10 odd socks behind your desk.

Today is a red-letter day to be a cat owner.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 09:32:56 pm by AlohaDawg »
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: I have quit
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2006, 04:32:00 pm »

That is adorable. Makes me miss my cat, who is staying with my parents because pets are not allowed in my apartment, and my roommate can be a dick. The cat is kind of a bitch, though.
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: I have quit
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2006, 04:42:58 pm »

His classic move as a young cat would be to sit next to you unnoticed as you are putting on yours socks. Then, when both your hands are engaged in putting a sock on, he'll take off running with the other sock in his mouth trailing behind him like a pennant.

Later, you'll move and find 10 odd socks behind your desk.

He's not quite big enough to take on a whole sock yet, though he's a fan of shoelaces. He was formally introduced to Moggie on Saturday, and they seem to be getting along as well as can be expected. They tag-teamed me this morning to get me up to feed them, anyway.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: I have quit
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2006, 04:44:57 pm »

They tag-teamed me this morning


...Hot?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: I have quit
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2006, 04:47:19 pm »

I didn't mean it like that, sick fuck!
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I have quit
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2006, 09:39:14 pm »

Clearly, my drug experiences were much less interesting than y'alls were, culminating more simply with... peeing on a tree and forgetting if I did or not, playing air saxophone while listening to Ben Folds albums and at the very worst, pretending to be Mark Twain for a few hours at a time.

But whether or not my college years were wasted by not doing harder drugs that would allow me to debate Weber and Kant with geometric patterns... or flying to Neptune and making out with giantesses... there is one thing that even an Enthusiastic Novice as myself knows instantly:

The cat is clearly cheeched.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up