Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Mommy I need to take a Wii.  (Read 8833 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Mommy I need to take a Wii.
« on: April 30, 2006, 07:14:14 pm »

I wanted to start this thread, despite it being sort of old news, because I just needed to make sure that everyone had heard about this.

Done reading?

Okay, thoughts?


Edit: if a mod could move this to sports & leisure I would be much obliged.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 08:02:15 pm by FlipConstantine »
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Mommy I need to take a Wii.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 07:42:54 pm »

Penny Arcade's take.
Logged

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Mommy I need to take a Wii.
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 07:58:44 pm »

For the record, I would buy the nintendo pu$$y.

"Hey guys come over to my house and we'll play some smash bros on the pu$$y."
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Mommy I need to take a Wii.
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 08:17:46 pm »

For the record, I would buy the nintendo pu$$y.

"Hey guys come over to my house and we'll play some smash bros on the pu$$y."

This couldn't be more tangentially related, but do the Smash Bros games still have Nes in them despite the fact that there are like 9 Americans that know who he is?
Logged

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Mommy I need to take a Wii.
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 08:23:44 pm »

I couldn't vouch for the gamecube version, having not played it.  But I think my friends have mentioned that he is in there.  Also, come on I know who ness is, everyone should!  Also, somewhat more tangential, wouldn't an earthbound for the pu$$y be awesome?  You could simulate bat-swinging action with the revmote.  Yeah, that'd rock.


Also thanks for moving the thread.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Mommy I need to take a Wii.
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 08:31:16 pm »

goodness.

I read an article about this
which was on a blog
there was another article, which was about Oblivion.

I am now re-installing Morrowind. I am going to try a thing where I get past level 1 this time.
has it been done? This game confused and upset me so much. I do not enjoy having to aim my arrows and hits with a sword. they should be aimed by the character, who supposedly is very skilled at these things. I got killed by -everything-.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Mommy I need to take a Wii.
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 08:36:41 pm »

Morrowind is hard to get into, pretty easy to get lost.  A lot of people complained about the lack of guidance.  If you have acrobatics as a minor skill it gets pretty easy to level up, just jump all the time.  You'll gain like 6 points in a few minutes.  Also, stay away from marksmanship, it's too hard to get to a level where it becomes useful I thought.  Also, don't worry about the main plot, you're really under no obligation to even attempt it.  I just like fuck*ng around and leveling up, it can be a pretty immersive game.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Mommy I need to take a Wii.
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 08:56:08 pm »

yeah, ok
on second thought no way am I trying to play that game again.
if I'm going to start playing a game, I'm just going back to NWN or Master of Orion or something.

Warcraft III?
Baldur's Gate II?
Starcraft?

these are all possibilities.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Mommy I need to take a Wii.
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 08:58:51 pm »

I am now re-installing Morrowind. I am going to try a thing where I get past level 1 this time.
has it been done? This game confused and upset me so much. I do not enjoy having to aim my arrows and hits with a sword. they should be aimed by the character, who supposedly is very skilled at these things. I got killed by -everything-.

I agree. I gave up on Morrowind pretty quickly. I play RPGs because they require no dexterity and if I walk away from the computer for an hour without pausing nothing happens.

Which reminds me, I think I still have a half-done game of Earthbound that I should finish. I'd just added Pu to my party.

TI: did you ever try Arcanum?
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Mommy I need to take a Wii.
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 09:02:28 pm »

OH dude we totally already did this on IRC.. GET WITH THE TIMES!

You are lucky I like the cut of your jib.


Er.. anyway yes.. it is basically a bad idea.  I believe Ben-AFK pointed out that a lot of people will be asking for the W version I  (beyond the toilet humor obviously).


Cort: Arcanum was fun.. kind of...   Also Morrowind good god... I mean if I want to walk around that much I want it to be multiplayer at least.... because fuck if I can keep myself interested picking marshweed for 8 fuck*ng hours just to get to the next town.

Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Mommy I need to take a Wii.
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 09:17:53 pm »

I feel like there is a good reason that I never played Arcanum. But I don't remember it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Mommy I need to take a Wii.
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2006, 09:19:03 pm »

I feel like there is a good reason that I never played Arcanum. But I don't remember it.

It was no FFVI or anything but it was a decent enough CRPG with a good hook with the technology vs. magick storyline.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Mommy I need to take a Wii.
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2006, 11:31:10 pm »

I feel that naming their new system the Wii perfectly captures Nintendo's brand identity, which is to say kind of cute and benevolently insane.

"What if the carrots in my garden were little men? Would they love me or fear me?"
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Mommy I need to take a Wii.
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2006, 11:55:03 pm »

I gotta be honest, when I first saw the name I thought it was the "W2" and wondered why they'd name it after the income tax form.

Man, I thought Revolution was the actual name of the thing.  It was kind of a bold and cocky name, but it really stuck.  The Wii is just stupid.  For anyone who may have purchased a Revolution they may think twice about buying a Wii. 

Not that Playstation or Xbox are genius names.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Mommy I need to take a Wii.
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006, 12:09:40 am »

yeah, I really feel that by playing non-nintendo systems, I am missing out on this.

I read a great thing somewhere once, where a guy had played through one of their games in Japanese. He made up a storyline, and his storyline made more sense than theirs did... it was something involving a guy having plants help him build a spaceship, I think?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up