Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!  (Read 23203 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2006, 03:59:37 pm »

By "tomorrow," of course, you mean WE RETURN THURSDAY.
And Thursday's strip is about Pat and Nice Pete.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2006, 04:00:40 pm »

Oh sure, if you're talking about the comic.

I was just interjecting that I was thinking of buying an actual live chicken tomorrow.  You know... cause chickens are kind of funny.

Probably the wrong section for that sort of musing though.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2006, 05:27:41 pm »


Tomorrow: Will Phillipe escape the cooler before the missile hits? Let's hope not!

Logged
[expletive deleted]

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2006, 06:01:25 pm »

I hadn't even given any thought to how phillipe would get out of this.  The. Biggest. Laser.  sounds like it will be a distinct possibility.  Maybe Keith Moon's head will be used to focus the laser into an even more deadly, tiny beam.


Ray is like the MacGuyver of secret eBay.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

Formica

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2006, 07:16:38 pm »

And Thursday's strip is about Pat and Nice Pete.

in bed
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2006, 07:29:14 pm »

man, i don't want to bring you down, but like. that was a crappy time. you know? hitler, atom bombs, the ENTIRE WORLD AT WAR, japanese internment, tom hanks all constantly looking for private ryan.

oh, and then when it was over, like, the 50s: segregation, korea, mccarthy, pat boone, the dawn of instant food, having to live through the endless pathetic hell that was your kids in the 60s, all of that.

oh, and then you vote for reagan. because you're old and scared and he seems, you know. just like you.

Nah, hell no.  After shooting down hell of planes, maybe a year or so POW, after the war I'd have only a couple years to go before fatal liver disease.  I'm seeing huge gobs of opium in there, too.

I've got it all planned out, ain't nothin' you can say!





Aw, I'm just sayin' I wanna fly the copter, is all.
Logged
ACHIEVE

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2006, 07:41:59 pm »

In another webcomic creator's hands. the mere presence of Airwolf would be the joke, in a "HEY GUYS REMEMBER THE 80's! POP CULTURE! HA HA!" way, an unfunny way unless you've been 'trained' to laugh like a barking seal at the mere sight of Mr. T, Trapper Keepers, Members Only Jackets, awkwardly shoehorned-in Miami Vice references, etc.

Here, Onstad makes it seemless.The absurdly wealthy cat has bought Airwolf, it's a joke but there's a bit more to it than that.

Plus, I think that even though this is Airwolf and eBay Plat. Exchange will let people by rock stars' body parts and enormous lasers, would they go so far as to equipping a gussied up tv helicopter with real missiles?
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2006, 07:49:38 pm »

Come on baby! You know I save all my slaps for you!

there were not helicopters in WWII.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2006, 08:17:08 pm »

Plus, I think that even though this is Airwolf and eBay Plat. Exchange will let people by rock stars' body parts and enormous lasers, would they go so far as to equipping a gussied up tv helicopter with real missiles?

You shut your lying mouth!  Airwolf was REAL. It always was.
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2006, 08:27:33 pm »

there were not helicopters in WWII.

Apparently this was the best they could do back then:
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2006, 09:53:10 pm »

Come on baby! You know I save all my slaps for you!

Nice sig, by the way.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2006, 10:55:49 pm »

Yeah, this is true.

In "The Family Guy" or "American Dad"... are not only the only shows on television less funny than "Teachers" (including "24" for some reason) but also the basis of the "humour" in 99.95% of internet comic strips... Airwolf would show up because it reminds us that Airwolf occured and remembering things are supposed to make us laugh these days. For some reason.

But in "Achewood"... the purchase of Airwolf merely serves as a microcosm for Ray's outlandishness, his slavish devotion to his personal definition of "small times" and the fact that he is just so stupidly rich that buying just any hella-copter is so far from Ray's reality that it is functionally impossible.

Oh, I hate our Pax MacFarlane where a joke, now, is to simply point out... "hey! there's Mr. T and the Kool-Aid Man!" and the big show stopper of the night is "hey! there's Mr. T and the Kool-Aid Man! and they're making love!"

Screw you, television.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2006, 11:47:54 pm »

what the...
but...
those shows are both brilliant!

the other day, the joke was this:
peter crashes his car... into the house of the kool-aid-man.

he says somethjing like "wow that is so... shit! now I know why people hate me so much. Jesus, this pisses me off!"

I am not being facetious, I straight-up love these shows.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2006, 11:51:04 pm »

Family Guy, I think, is alright, in small doses.  But American Dad is just criminal.  I mean, why would they do that?  It's the same damn show except instead of a dog there's an alien and a giraffe whose existences are never satisfactorily explained.  And there's apparently "politics" though I can't see it through all that suck.  I can't believe fox runs this show and cancels Futurama, Firefly and Arrested Development.  Fuck Fox.

Sorry, I'm just, so upset about all this. 


Jesus...
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2006, 11:55:05 pm »

Family Guy, I think, is alright, in small doses.  But American Dad is just criminal.  I mean, why would they do that?  It's the same damn show except instead of a dog there's an alien and a giraffe whose existences are never satisfactorily explained.  And there's apparently "politics" though I can't see it through all that suck.  I can't believe fox runs this show and cancels Futurama, Firefly and Arrested Development.  Fuck Fox.

Sorry, I'm just, so upset about all this. 

Jesus...

Word. American Dad straight up SUCKS.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up