Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!  (Read 23162 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2006, 02:55:32 am »

The trends when I was in college seem almost quaint. The main non-sensical item was taking brand new baseball caps and dragging the brim across the sidewalk to fray it, then throwing it in the mud before wearing. The hat was then worn with dress shirts, blue and orange ties, and khakis.

So you went to UVa?
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2006, 03:05:01 am »

Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2006, 03:08:24 am »

I have no idea what a popped collar is.  What does this mean?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2006, 03:12:23 am »

Yeah, what the hell is a popped collar?

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2006, 03:30:59 am »

Wearing a collar folded up (so it covers the neck) instead of normally.  Like what you do with a coat if it's really cold and you don't have a scarf.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2006, 03:34:27 am »

And... people would do this, without being mocked?  And wear more than one shirt with more than one collar?

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2006, 03:46:53 am »

I've never seen the more than one shirt popped at once.  That sounds pretty heinous.  These people need to be controlled.

Something like this seems appropriate...
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2006, 04:20:36 am »

And... people would do this, without being mocked?  And wear more than one shirt with more than one collar?
The stereotype of frat guys is to wear pink polo shirts with popped collars.  The double popped collar is around, but it is probably for like the stoner/ frat clown.  I don't know, I don't really talk to people with popped collars, and especially two of them.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2006, 04:50:15 am »

I don't get the pink polo shirts, either. Leaving "gender-appropriateness" alone for a moment -- when did pink become trendy again? It looks bad on more or less everyone, especially in polo shirt form. Can anyone explain this to me?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2006, 05:48:12 am »

Man, that shit was stupid and annoying in the 80's.  You're telling me that assholes are still doing it?   Man.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2006, 05:57:16 am »

Man, you cats haven't been to any college town bars lately, have you?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2006, 05:59:39 am »

I think the idea of a dude wearing pink is to be daring.  It's supposed to say, I'm so confident in my masculinity that I can wear pink and still be masculine.  The trend possibly started by the rapper Cam'Ron.

Over here, you probably won't find frat kids wearing any kind of shirt with a collar, unless at a club or upscale bar, but that is a different story, 'cause those places have dress codes.  The only heads wearing this "popped" collar would probably be straight-up G's.  I'm not saying G's sarcastically, I'm talking about G's on the real.  I would probably see alot of this in the city, but I don't spend that much time in the city.
Logged
ACHIEVE

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2006, 12:52:59 pm »

So you went to UVa?

Indeed. Hence my trip back to C-ville last weekend for the Shakespeare on the Lawn reunion.
Logged

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2006, 06:08:23 pm »

What are G's?
Logged
~

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: AIRWOLF! FIND...AN OTTER! 2 MAY 2006!
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2006, 06:10:12 pm »

What are G's?

In the parlance of our times, "G" has become synonymous with "gangster," in the urban sense.  Additionally, "O.G." means "original gangster," used to reference a person who has been a G since small times.

See also: Rap stars
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up