Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?  (Read 21420 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2006, 03:07:40 am »

Also, I think at this point, given that Bobby appears to have disappeared into the land on wind and ghosts, we should just name Roger the Avatar King and be done with it.

Thanks, I truly appreciate it. But I don't believe in Monarchy, I'm all for Avatar Anarchy.


I could have made the effort to be creative and add something whimsical to my tortilla image, but, like I said, I have a whole folder of this kind of stuff.  Behold my most whimsical of avatars!

Lovely indeed. But I think these Tricycle Skates look safer:
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2006, 04:38:01 am »

What the... what is the theme now? I cannot even keep up.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2006, 04:47:20 am »

The theme be pirates... ignore these bilge rats and scalawags!


Yarrrr..
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2006, 05:18:36 am »

no!
it is whimsy!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2006, 05:25:19 am »

Or whimsical pirates.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2006, 06:46:37 am »

Tobacco.
Logged
ACHIEVE

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2006, 07:00:02 am »

What the... what is the theme now? I cannot even keep up.

Obscure sports logos.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2006, 07:14:12 am »

Slam Bradley is now a mustachioed pirate smoking a cigarette with a whimsical attitude. I'm sorry there is no sports logo. I am very sorry.

I HOPE YOU'RE ALL HAPPY NOW
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2006, 07:23:41 am »

I'm sorry there is no sports logo. I am very sorry.

There is no problem.

The irony of a two-fisted detective having a hook for a hand is metaphorically equivalent.

Perhaps not equivalent to the logo of, say, an XFL team... but at least equivalent to the logo of a CBA team or an extant AAA-ballclub's replaced logo, such as the Syracuse Chiefs (Chieves?) or the Tidewater Tides.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2006, 12:06:23 pm »

Man I'm late to this thread, but as much as I was digging the egg with a tache and the eye with same Roger is just winning at everything here, his new avatar just proves it.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2006, 02:36:56 pm »

no!
it is whimsy!

A Frank Reade, Jr. airship!
Very well done, young man.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2006, 05:57:48 pm »

I think what I like about this one is that it incorporates the "whimsy" and "tobacco" elements without fundamentally limiting the Snidely Whiplash effect. Mwar har har har har!!
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2006, 06:09:39 pm »

V, to the untrained eye (mine), the smoke curling from the cigar looks like Arabic script.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2006, 06:16:01 pm »

V, to the untrained eye (mine), the smoke curling from the cigar looks like Arabic script.

What? Ha! That's a silly assumption! No, it's just smoke, really...

Curses! Hobot has uncovered my subliminal messages! Must... switch... topic...

So, how 'bout that whimsical period, huh? It sure was wacky!
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Who has the best Mustached Avatar?
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2006, 06:38:22 pm »

I love that I just looked up "victorian airship" and used one that looked cool, and someone on the board recognized the source.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up