Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Aw, why learn Chinese just to go bug a guy - 8 May 2006  (Read 6949 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Aw, why learn Chinese just to go bug a guy - 8 May 2006
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2006, 12:45:38 pm »

I am disturbed by Philippe's face in the first panel of the last row.  But there's something very nice and comforting about Téodor sitting down to tell the wee otter about How Hard It Is to Be a Couch.  However, if I were a couch, China would not be my retirement destination of choice.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Aw, why learn Chinese just to go bug a guy - 8 May 2006
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2006, 01:02:38 pm »

So are they going to call Emeril and let him know to stop searching or is he going to come back to the house exhausted after hours of searching all night, feeling terrible that he's given up only to find out they found Philippe and brought him home like 14 hours beforehand?
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Aw, why learn Chinese just to go bug a guy - 8 May 2006
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2006, 01:07:52 pm »

I think we're all supposed to assume that all loose ends of this arc have been tied up of camera.

I'm hoping O will hold back on the big arcs for at least a little while now.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: Aw, why learn Chinese just to go bug a guy - 8 May 2006
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2006, 01:11:52 pm »

So are they going to call Emeril and let him know to stop searching or is he going to come back to the house exhausted after hours of searching all night, feeling terrible that he's given up only to find out they found Philippe and brought him home like 14 hours beforehand?

Ray the Considerate Cat? Surely you jest sir.

I bet that Emeril finds something in the transfer station thats five kinds of cooler than the fake airwolf.
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Aw, why learn Chinese just to go bug a guy - 8 May 2006
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2006, 01:21:24 pm »

I bet that Emeril finds something in the transfer station thats five kinds of cooler than the fake airwolf.
Man, I dunno, isn't trashspotting in the transfer station sort of too easy? It's like giraffeing in the trout hatchery. In a barrel. With a laser sight on your, uh, giraffeing apparatus. ... I'm gonna stop now.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Aw, why learn Chinese just to go bug a guy - 8 May 2006
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2006, 01:34:43 pm »

all making a surrogate phillipe out of trash
ray all not getting it
surogate phillipe falling apart
emeril all crying
ray all being like "cool it, dude!"

or better yet, now those two hobo-type guys with the billionth degree burns come back.

as to Webster's law-- I think it would make more sense to say that  children will believe the more pleasing and happy explanation. if their parents told them something horrible, they would be less likely to believe it.

actually, they'll probably believe anything their parents tell them. I know I did...
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Aw, why learn Chinese just to go bug a guy - 8 May 2006
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2006, 01:47:19 pm »

This strip sounds a lot like the ending of some '80s sitcom, all Bob Saget teaching the girls some Important Life Lesson. Except for all the lying.

[creepy voice inside head]
OK now, Philippe, look, Téodor is not looking, so hit him in the head with your staff and fly this thing back after the couch. C'mon, do it! DO IT!
[/creepy voice inside head]
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

nuero

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile
Re: Aw, why learn Chinese just to go bug a guy - 8 May 2006
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2006, 02:07:22 pm »

Stop not liking this strip, all of you
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Aw, why learn Chinese just to go bug a guy - 8 May 2006
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2006, 02:08:43 pm »

And then they flew to Mickey Dee's to pick up a six piece of nuggets.
Logged
ACHIEVE

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Aw, why learn Chinese just to go bug a guy - 8 May 2006
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2006, 02:18:20 pm »

I hate this strip to hell.

Good thing I didn't pay for it or I'd be all indignant...  INDIGNANT!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Aw, why learn Chinese just to go bug a guy - 8 May 2006
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2006, 02:21:00 pm »

I hate this strip to hell.

Good thing I didn't pay for it or I'd be all indignant...  INDIGNANT!

Now, be nice.  The otter can't help being retarded AND sleep deprived AND suffering from Coucho-Antromorpho-titis.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Aw, why learn Chinese just to go bug a guy - 8 May 2006
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2006, 02:24:41 pm »

Now, be nice.  The otter can't help being retarded AND sleep deprived AND suffering from Coucho-Antromorpho-titis.

Whatever...  tomorrow it'll be all dancing with cake all the time and then the strip will become a strip about a baby.  (Possibly Baby Blues or Rose is Rose)

That fuck*ng cake.


godDAMMIT.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Aw, why learn Chinese just to go bug a guy - 8 May 2006
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2006, 02:41:50 pm »

Yeah, this one sucked, but at least it means that this storyline is pretty much over.

Or is it...?

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: Aw, why learn Chinese just to go bug a guy - 8 May 2006
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2006, 03:25:09 pm »

Or is it...?

Oh no, no, no, no! Don't you fuck*ng dare tempt the fates like that - we'll have another three weeks of Phillippe dreaming about banging the couch or some shit. I want back to the normal story lines, you know - where Ray gets amd drunk and lyle flips off Mr Bear, the real Achewood.
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Re: Aw, why learn Chinese just to go bug a guy - 8 May 2006
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2006, 04:48:30 pm »

fin.
Also, let me tell you a little something about how a couch thinks and how it plans its life.
Logged
I am older now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up