Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.  (Read 18258 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2006, 09:25:08 pm »

Yes Monkey Island.  Also Day of the Tentacle.  Anyway, I highly suggest you find a copy of Grim Fandango and play it now.  It is by far one of the best games I've ever played EVER.. and I'm even including Fallout II in said game matrix.  Seriously.  I can get you a copy of it if that is what it takes even; such is the goodness of the game.

Yeah I've seen copies on amazon.  But up untill recently online purchases weren't really a thing I did, nor was windows.  Once I get windows (shudder) back on my pc, I'm totally buying it though.

ALSO: Maniac mansion rocked too.


And it is a little bit morbid, I think, to be waxing nostalgic about video games in a thread ostensibly about cops being shot.

I'm going to smile and pretend it isn't though.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

1

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 11
  • Clay Regazzoni? Why not?
    • View Profile
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2006, 09:28:07 pm »

Yes Monkey Island.  Also Day of the Tentacle.  Anyway, I highly suggest you find a copy of Grim Fandango and play it now.  It is by far one of the best games I've ever played EVER.. and I'm even including Fallout II in said game matrix.  Seriously.  I can get you a copy of it if that is what it takes even; such is the goodness of the game.

My experiences with Fallout II were... traumatic. Like getting locked in a room, blocked by town mayor, with only exit available by shooting way out. When at Level 4, this proved fatal. My infrequent save-hands came to haunt me to the extent that I uninstalled the game, then later reinstalled it and played as a whore. Then I got lost in the desert and died somewhere near Reno.
Logged
Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 09:35:19 pm »

Like getting locked in a room, blocked by town mayor, with only exit available by shooting way out.

Flip, this is right about where it gets morbid.  I am sorry real life that we have dishonoured you in such a way, I'd commit hari kiri but I'm really not in the mood for the irony.


(Seriously, this place is like.. Discount WanderingThread Warehouse.)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2006, 09:48:49 pm »

There are some games like that actually but a lot of those 'adventure" type games have been out of fashion for a while.  (Oh Grim Fandango; how I loved you.  ((Also Sam and Max)))

Now I guess a similar thing would be those TV spinoff games based off of CSI, but I'm far to much of an elitist to allow those things in my house.  (Where elitist = elitist prick I guess.)

Nygotha is doing a countdown of the top 30 suspense games ever many of which are adventure games. You might be interested.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2006, 09:51:55 pm »

Nygotha is doing a countdown of the top 30 suspense games ever many of which are adventure games. You might be interested.

Oh indeed I am.. and if that is the criteria I fully expect System Shock II on that damn list.  Close-ish to the top.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2006, 09:59:58 pm »

It's probably worth noting that not only should you not shoot at police in their own parking lot, but not anywhere else either.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

1

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 11
  • Clay Regazzoni? Why not?
    • View Profile
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2006, 10:14:53 pm »

It's also probably worth noting that we should not shoot at anyone, neither in their parking lots, or, indeed, anywhere at all. Now we have cleared this up, may we return to Grim Fandango/System Shock II/pseudo-intellectual ethical debate?
Logged
Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2006, 10:15:41 pm »

Pseudo?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

1

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 11
  • Clay Regazzoni? Why not?
    • View Profile
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2006, 10:17:25 pm »

Would you prefer quasi?
Logged
Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2006, 10:31:27 pm »

No, delusional is more fitting I guess.. if you're coming from that perspective.


Speaking of which, man that hamster in the microwave in Maniac Mansion.. man oh man! 


*sigh*
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2006, 10:47:36 pm »

Man this entire topic could tear us all to tears.  Do I bring up my staunch "Games like GTA do not reinforce viewpoints - correlation is not causation" ideal or "Mentally ill people probably should not have guns" angle.

I guess it depends which would create the best flamewar really.

This is like.. the time bomb of all topics.  WHICH ONE WIRE DO I CUT?!

It was about here where y'all abandoned all pretense of the original topic.

Any other thoughts about the news item?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2006, 11:31:29 pm »

Flip--
I read one of your comments as "whip out your religion" on the corrupt cop.

and I was imagining a game where you have to morally persuade your enemies to fight for Good.

kind of like some of those scenes in The Untouchables.

this would be so hard to do.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2006, 11:46:50 pm »

Flip--
I read one of your comments as "whip out your religion" on the corrupt cop.

and I was imagining a game where you have to morally persuade your enemies to fight for Good.

kind of like some of those scenes in The Untouchables.

this would be so hard to do.

That, sir, is priceless.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2006, 01:22:28 am »

Oh indeed I am.. and if that is the criteria I fully expect System Shock II on that damn list.  Close-ish to the top.

He just got up to #8 this week and I don't recall seeing that one yet. But his top 30 RPGs list apparently caused a huge furor over the omissions.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Please do not shoot at police in their own parking lot.
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2006, 01:44:12 am »

Yeah well gamers are known to be only second to Cult members in their zealotry.

Oh and Star Trek geeks I guess.

And Star Wars geeks.

Actually the whole of Sci-Fi nerdom is probably a little ahead of gamers.

Music buffs too.

People who collect ceremonial knives.

Antique bottle collectors.

The Red Hat Society

The White Hat Society

Man... actually come to think of it; everyone's fucked up.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up