Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That you can post photos to the TOUAMB Flickr Pool?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you like to golf?  (Read 5502 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Do you like to golf?
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 06:29:20 pm »

I birdied a Par 3 once.  Once.

I like how almost any sentence about golf is less comprehensible to me than, say, #####*****'s chat room contributions. I am deeply committed to never learning anything about golf that would ruin this effect.

Carry on.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Do you like to golf?
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 06:37:53 pm »

I like how almost any sentence about golf is less comprehensible to me than, say, ******#####'s chat room contributions. I am deeply committed to never learning anything about golf that would ruin this effect.

Carry on.

This is true of all sports (as well as "sports"). You should watch MXC where the announcers just make up terms like these on the fly but act as if everybody knows what they mean.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Do you like to golf?
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 08:44:59 pm »

I heard that during thunderstorms, Lee Trevino would hold a 1-iron up in the air, because even God can't hit a 1-iron.

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Do you like to golf?
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2006, 08:51:55 pm »

I heard that during thunderstorms, Lee Trevino would hold a 1-iron up in the air, because even God can't hit a 1-iron.

Oh thanks! Now I just sprayed milk all over my keyboard. (Fuck you dirty dudes, I was simply straight-up drinking a glass of milk)

I play pitch and putt quite often. I can birdie most holes, but if I get stuck in sand you better bring a Vonnegut-sized book with you.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Do you like to golf?
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2006, 09:49:20 pm »

I play pitch and putt quite often.

Are there windmills and open-mouthed clowns involved in that?
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Do you like to golf?
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2006, 10:06:53 pm »

Are there windmills and open-mouthed clowns involved in that?

Cheeky bugger, it is Real Golf. It's just on a smaller scale. (Hit ball fairly far to green (pitch), then just taaap it in. (putt).)

Just taaap it in. Tap-tap-taparoo.



Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Do you like to golf?
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2006, 11:00:20 pm »

I played a pitch and putt in Myrtle Beach once. It's like a par two where what you need is a wedge and a putter.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Do you like to golf?
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2006, 11:30:22 pm »

Haha, I wasn't being *too* cheeky.   I hadn't heard of "Pitch and Putt" before.  Thought it might be a chain of Mini-golf.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Do you like to golf?
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2006, 12:04:13 am »

I thought I was being taken to a batting cages/minigolf place with a name like "Pitch and Putt"
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Do you like to golf?
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2006, 12:06:11 am »

I thought I was being taken to a batting cages/minigolf place with a name like "Pitch and Putt"

I was picturing one of those places in the suburbs that's a driving range for dad and minigolf for the kids.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Do you like to golf?
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2006, 06:53:24 pm »

We have nothing like that here.  I would love something like that.   

That would be something that I would love.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Do you like to golf?
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2006, 09:19:48 pm »

I thought Pitch and Putt was what we called Par 3 golf here.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up