Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 16 May 2006 - Robert Smith cannot HEEEAR YOOUUUUU!  (Read 3701 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
16 May 2006 - Robert Smith cannot HEEEAR YOOUUUUU!
« on: May 16, 2006, 12:48:50 am »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05162006

All is again right in the world of Achewood. Ray's an asshole and Teodor has a vaguely 80s hipster-ish taste in music.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 01:16:49 am by mrdna1 »
Logged

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: 16 May 2006 - Robert Smith cannot HEEEAR YOOUUUUU!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 12:56:17 am »

I think the title was missed.  How is it not "Baths Only"?  That really made me laugh out loud (L.O.L.).  I enjoyed this strip, but:

A) Wha happen to Keith Moon's Head?
B) Why the weird time to update?


My theory RE: item B is that O had somewhere he was going with the head story and it didn't pan out and instead we got this.  Oh well, Robert Smith's torso was totally worth it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 01:13:28 am by FlipConstantine »
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 16 May 2006 - Robert Smith cannot HEEEAR YOOUUUUU!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 12:59:45 am »

I think this was a great, graceful, humorous way for Ray to rectify the situation.  Go Ray!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 16 May 2006 - Robert Smith cannot HEEEAR YOOUUUUU!
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 01:02:03 am »

What the hell? I don't get this at all.
Logged

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: 16 May 2006 - Robert Smith cannot HEEEAR YOOUUUUU!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 01:08:48 am »

I think the title was missed.  How is it not "Baths Only"?  That really made me laugh out loud (L.O.L.).  I enjoyed this strip, but:

A) Wha happen to Keith Moon's Head?
B) Why the weird time to update?


My theory RE: B is that O had somewhere he was going with the head story and it didn't pan out and instead we got this.  Oh well, Robert Smith's torso was totally worth it.
The strip on the 12th showed the lid back on Keith's jar, so I'm assuming that we won't be seeing too much more of his head except for perhaps a cameo or two in the near future. Perhaps Onstad was just trying to annoy the people (like me) who were sick of long storylines and wanted to make us think he had another one up his sleeve?

And there were plenty of title choices in that strip, so I just kinda randomly pointed to one and used it. I probably would've used "Don't tell me you take a shower, now! So not goth!" had I not been worried about space issues.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 16 May 2006 - Robert Smith cannot HEEEAR YOOUUUUU!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 01:13:42 am »

This is so Ray, it is beautiful.

And I did not know that Bathing was Goth. Education.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 16 May 2006 - Robert Smith cannot HEEEAR YOOUUUUU!
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 01:18:37 am »

man.
I am choosing to interpret the alt text as saying that girl-goths pee standing.

which, judging from teh girl-goths I know, makes sense.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 16 May 2006 - Robert Smith cannot HEEEAR YOOUUUUU!
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 01:27:16 am »

Hi.  I cannot comment on this strip because it made me poke my eyes out with skewers.

It was like he could not resolve it and so he went back to that old standby "makin' fun of goths!"  Which, you know, is fun, but at the end of the day... meh... giraffe meet barrel.


Certainly Ray would've done better I suspect. 

Okay, enough complaining about my free entertainment.  Back into the hole now.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 16 May 2006 - Robert Smith cannot HEEEAR YOOUUUUU!
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 01:37:27 am »

Hi.  I cannot comment on this strip because it made me poke my eyes out with skewers.

It was like he could not resolve it and so he went back to that old standby "makin' fun of goths!"  Which, you know, is fun, but at the end of the day... meh... giraffe meet barrel.


Heh, your nose is just out of joint because you're gothier than the gothest goth in Gothtown.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 16 May 2006 - Robert Smith cannot HEEEAR YOOUUUUU!
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 01:41:54 am »

I think the real absurdity of this comes from how Teodor is clearly playing along with Ray's idiotic plan and letting Ray think he's terribly clever. That Teodor -- so considerate.

I predict a comeback for the Keith Moon head eventually. It cannot stay contained!
Logged

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: 16 May 2006 - Robert Smith cannot HEEEAR YOOUUUUU!
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 01:43:54 am »

WWRSD?

What would Ray Smuckles do?

This is what he would do.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: 16 May 2006 - Robert Smith cannot HEEEAR YOOUUUUU!
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2006, 01:48:12 am »

Possibilities for the Keith Moon Head:

Philippe makes friends with the Head and has Adventures.
Todd sells drugs to the Head.
Lyle opens the jar, ignores the snapping rockstar within, and drains the contents.
Emeril, Spongebath and Roast Beef are mildly alarmed to see Keith Moon's Head in a jar out with the rest of Ray's recycling on Friday morning.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 16 May 2006 - Robert Smith cannot HEEEAR YOOUUUUU!
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2006, 01:53:33 am »

Heh, your nose is just out of joint because you're gothier than the gothest goth in Gothtown.

I believe it was Voltaire who said, "Well, then fuck you."



(Seriously though.. makin' fun of goths again?  Yawn.)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: 16 May 2006 - Robert Smith cannot HEEEAR YOOUUUUU!
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2006, 01:59:12 am »

Mmmmm, I know what I'm eating this week (skirt steak with an herb sauce).
Logged
ACHIEVE

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 16 May 2006 - Robert Smith cannot HEEEAR YOOUUUUU!
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2006, 02:00:51 am »

I think the real absurdity of this comes from how Teodor is clearly playing along with Ray's idiotic plan and letting Ray think he's terribly clever. That Teodor -- so considerate.

Sorry Ray, I can't hear you. The bubbles are popping pretty bad.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up