Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 18 May 2006 - coming home to find me tea-bagging the garbage disposal  (Read 5358 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05182006

How would that even work? Nice to see some one-offs these days, I suppose. But man, how would that even work!

Now, which of these Nokias do you think is most likely the one Beef uses? I would wager the one on the far left.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05182006

I quite liked this one. Although it perfectly displays Roast Beef's neurotic tendencies, it does seem a bit odd of him to be so worried about a technical computery thing. Erm, like a cellphone.

I always get kind of sad when I see Roast Beef and Molly talk. They're so confrontational.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site

Coming home to find me tea-bagging the garbage disposal.

That line is a home run.  That line is frickin' grand slam.
Logged
ACHIEVE

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile

Wow, just wow.

 Two classic Beef lines, and a classic Beef thing to do.  It is just to bad he lets the press control his life, all needing newsweek to agree before he will do anything.

Edit:  The other thread title is the appropriate one.  Too bad this was posted first.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile

What a coincidence -- I too have an enormous oncology deductible!
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

wait, so, is 'stad saying that Beef has cancer?
or that he goes to oncologists frequently to check whether he does?

when I saw that line, I knew it would be the title. and I was scared. scared for the discussion which was to come.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six

How would that even work? Nice to see some one-offs these days, I suppose. But man, how would that even work!

Now, which of these Nokias do you think is most likely the one Beef uses? I would wager the one on the far left.
I think he'd use the little blue phone ... I'm not sure if even Tracfone still supports those big old ones., whereas my mom's been using something like the blue one for like five years now.

(And painfully ... it would work very painfully.)
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

Beef probably has one of those old brick phones from 1988, because dammit, they still work and he ain't need nothing fancy.

I'm not sure I get the "tea-bagging the garbage disposal" line - I mean, it's good imagery, but people that have cancer generally don't mutliate the part of their body that has it.  So.... ?

Undertoad

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 34
  • Ye Olde Gifte Shoppe ande Ale Taverne Inne Keepere
    • View Profile
    • the Cellar

Between this and the ChatSack, it would appear Onstad has now defined most of the possible interactions between mobile phones and testicles.
Logged
-=My usual hangout: The Cellar
-=My daily image blog: Image of the Day

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

I'm not sure I get the "tea-bagging the garbage disposal" line - I mean, it's good imagery, but people that have cancer generally don't mutliate the part of their body that has it.  So.... ?

I'm pretty sure that tea bagging the garbage disposal is Beef's way of saying he'll be discarding his useless testicles if he continues to carry a cell phone.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com

The very thought of tea-bagging the garbage disposal gives me the jibblies.  Nonetheless, the thread title is more or less correct.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

I was going to say I'm disappointed Beef is so easily swayed by popular media, he seems more like the type of guy to be canvassing medical journals to determine what the consensus is from professionals in the field.
But now I'm just distracted by trying to work out how the teabagging thing would even work. I mean unless he is hung like a damn sack of potatoes you'd need to be doing some serious crouching to get the ol' 'bag down the hole far enough to reach the spinning blades of eunichhood.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Jeepers

  • Guest

This is the Achewood that got me addicted. It has been away for far too long. The classic Beef one liners, the absolute adherence to the specific and unique voice of each character.

A+++++ FANTASTIC ACHEWOODER.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.

Excellent Beef dialogue ruined by the presence of Molly.  I love the use of "action" as a generic noun, though.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile

"peter cancer", people; "peter cancer".
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up