Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 18 May 2006 - coming home to find me tea-bagging the garbage disposal  (Read 5356 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

So long as Beef doesn't buy one of those "radiation shields" that actually makes the problem worse.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

I love that Molly is forced to adopt the phrase "peter." You know there had to have been some instance where she argued with him about whether to use that word, and finally she gave up and gave in.

also: I told my friend "oh dogg achewood today is sick!"
"why?"
"cause... 'cause of something gross"
"what is it?"
"it's a line. or... an image."
"of what, dude? come on!"
"of roast beef tea... of him... of roast beef lowering his testes into a garbage disposal."
"...oh."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile

It's not just the testicles, Molly!

Although it is rarer than breast cancer in males (which is no joke and I know a guy)

This Public Servic e Announcement a service of TOUAMB
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

I'm a pretty big fan of how Molly and Beef's relationship is handled, actually, in terms of... the realities of awkward-people love, of dork love, of geek love, etc.

Because... okay... you don't get a much better meet-cute than "In Heaven" but at the end of the day, they both seemed as though they were pretty unlucky in love, didn't date much, couldn't handle the weirdness of the whole deal being as wrapped inside their own heads in different ways, as they both were.

And they just click and they're heel-head-over and everything seems so right and, wow, here's that love that everyone was always talking about that will make my life perfect forever and this is never gonna change and I'm so completed by this whole thing and then... one day they wake up and... they're just in a normal people relationship. The shine of the new and the sheen of their inexperience are off and... okay, what now?

They're a coupla weird people who dig each other and have sex and such but... love and sex didn't fix their entire lives forever like they'd always been thinking it was going to and... there's this weird sort of codependent slightly-disappointed letdown vibe going down with them. Not enough to break them up because they ARE pretty good for each other, as good as weird people can get for each other, but... laced with that disappointment that Finding Somebody didn't create happiness forever and kinda blaming each other for it.

It's sort of the only realistic way to handle the subject of someone like Beef in a relationship and I quite like it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential

I'm a pretty big fan of how Molly and Beef's relationship is handled, actually, in terms of... the realities of awkward-people love, of dork love, of geek love, etc.

Because... okay... you don't get a much better meet-cute than "In Heaven" but at the end of the day, they both seemed as though they were pretty unlucky in love, didn't date much, couldn't handle the weirdness of the whole deal being as wrapped inside their own heads in different ways, as they both were.

And they just click and they're heel-head-over and everything seems so right and, wow, here's that love that everyone was always talking about that will make my life perfect forever and this is never gonna change and I'm so completed by this whole thing and then... one day they wake up and... they're just in a normal people relationship. The shine of the new and the sheen of their inexperience are off and... okay, what now?

They're a coupla weird people who dig each other and have sex and such but... love and sex didn't fix their entire lives forever like they'd always been thinking it was going to and... there's this weird sort of codependent slightly-disappointed letdown vibe going down with them. Not enough to break them up because they ARE pretty good for each other, as good as weird people can get for each other, but... laced with that disappointment that Finding Somebody didn't create happiness forever and kinda blaming each other for it.

It's sort of the only realistic way to handle the subject of someone like Beef in a relationship and I quite like it.

I like me the cartoons about thurr funny cats.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/

Between this and the ChatSack, it would appear Onstad has now defined most of the possible interactions between mobile phones and testicles.

And just now I realize that this is one big circle that has been completed. The GOF and the Couch arcs were just interludes.

On a different note, I must admit that I always liked Molly. But it's the first time in months that she shows up and she just... nags...
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

V-Adore

  • Guest

This is going to get me crucified, but I have been in the Molly position here: not necessarily about peter cancer, but more about the whole "attempting to explain to paralytically depressed SO that something everyday will not destroy him, and starting to lose patience" gig.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

I'm not going to crucify you V because I have also been in Molly's position.  Is it something about those computer guys? It has changed with age though - now instead of being depressed about normal life, he's often ranting and curmudgeonly about the same things. It's actually an improvement, although I don't win the argument any more often.

Littlefalls, you are right. Don't let them pick on you.  And, we NEED Molly to nag and such to get these Beef gems.  Yeah, I wouldn't want to have lunch with her either. But it is good when she shows up with the cartoon cats.

She ought to update her dang blog, though, lazy &*^%$.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

goddamnit littlefallsmets! I need encouragement at my age!

I was kind of hoping the lame note my last relationship ended on was not par for the course.

but also: man, molly is so lame.

and I just realized that my last girlfriend was molly. because I was Roast Beef.

"what if your parents hate the cat, and we have to take it back, and they put it to sleep!"
"daniel... that won't happen. relax."
"but what if it does! what will we do? you have to think about these things!"
"god, you're such a downer."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile

goddamnit littlefallsmets! I need encouragement at my age!

I was kind of hoping the lame note my last relationship ended on was not par for the course.

but also: man, molly is so lame.

and I just realized that my last girlfriend was molly. because I was Roast Beef.

"what if your parents hate the cat, and we have to take it back, and they put it to sleep!"
"daniel... that won't happen. relax."
"but what if it does! what will we do? you have to think about these things!"
"god, you're such a downer."

Your relationship ended on this conversation? Oy.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

oh, no. that was just an example.

the actual ending conversation was much worse. because I was right. and she acknowledges that I was right. and everyone says that I was right. but, it was a shitty relationship. oh well.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up