Man, I don't know. What does that even accomplish? Is it really just eight little piercings, in two rows, with a ribbon laced through shoelace-style? Am I missing something?
I want to like body-mods, but I guess I feel like they should be
constructive in some way -- something that increases the overall value of your body to you, not just something that makes you look cool for prom. Tattoos should really mean something and represent a concept or image so dear to you, such a part of your identity, that the best way to reflect it was to make it a permanent part of your body. The pierced glasses say to me "this is a person who wants to integrate glasses into their physical self"; there's something qualitatively different there from regular glasses, contacts, or Lasik. (It's an idea I can respect. Honestly, glasses are an equally huge part of my self-identity, which is one of the reasons I'm sort of resistant to contacts and Lasik. That, and astigmatism.)
I guess what I'm trying to say here is that I'm behind body-mods, but I'm not behind casual body-mods. The reason I have yet to get a tattoo is really just a combination of pain aversion and not having found anything that is such a part of me that it needs to be a part of my body forever. (Maybe a
Purkinje cell tattoo, but oh man would that hurt.)