Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool  (Read 9159 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

elfbabe

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 39
    • View Profile
23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« on: May 23, 2006, 04:26:32 am »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05232006

I'm not quite sure what just happened. Ray got too happy, and thus too belligerent about getting more weight in his foil undies, and Beef had to take it all away as a lesson?
Logged

ananke

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 74
  • !لو ائكل الخنزير لأموت
    • View Profile
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 04:28:03 am »

This one was so funny I could hardly breathe.

Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 04:29:16 am »

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  It's all about the eyebrows.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 04:32:23 am »

Props to O for judicious use of the "out of context actions as observed by a confused third party" device.  That's a pretty long name for a device.  Whatever!

Panel 11 definitely looks like ray is trying to reason with Beef.  Priceless.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 04:32:58 am »

Aug-- I noticed the eyebrows that you used on Jeopardy. So it is fitting that you should say that. (just kidding, hombre!)

Man. I want to take away someone's dong-therapy water as a punishment.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 04:37:05 am »

Aug-- I noticed the eyebrows that you used on Jeopardy. So it is fitting that you should say that. (just kidding, hombre!)

There is no need to apologize for noticing eyebrows. 

Thank you for noticing the ones I used on Jeopardy.  Oddly enough, they're the same ones I use in everyday life.  As a matter of fact, I've had them all my life.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 04:42:50 am »

the reason I apologized is that you got a lot of ribbing for those eyebrow motions at the time, based on the thread. I was just referring to that. So I apologized to indicate that it wasn't some kind of Thing, where I Hate Your Eyebrows, Hate Them To Hell.

I recently realized, upon watching a video of myself, that a lot of the facial expressions I use don't look how I thought they did-- in fact, they look rediculous. this was quite a blow.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 04:50:04 am »

I'm proud of 'em.  People who make fun of my eyebrows, well, they're just envious aren't they?

You just use whatever facial expressions you want, TI, and the Good Lord will provide.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 04:57:39 am »

Would Roast Beef really use the word "sciencize it?" It seems... not him.

*takes onstad's cup, pours it out, scowls at him*
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 05:27:39 am »

Would Roast Beef really use the word "sciencize it?" It seems... not him.

*takes onstad's cup, pours it out, scowls at him*
Beef seems to be the type of dude who frequently pauses while speaking to think of the optimal word to use, so I'm thinking he's still in masculine-yeah-I-got-my-old-big-dong-back mode. Instead of pondering on a more scientific thing to relate, he just lets loose with a "Sciencize it cool" because he's fueled by pure testosterone and can't be bothered to make a more Beef-like word choice.

Or maybe I just need to go to bed. Ray's pout is still awesomely expressive, though.

Also:


edit: OH MAN I just noticed Ray's furious point in panel 10.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 05:32:24 am by mrdna1 »
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 06:56:36 am »

Panel 9: The "Give Me Some More" hand gesture.

Yes, Ray's pout, combined with the ridiculous foil undies that make him appear to have a weird-looking erection, is splendid.  Is there anything sadder than a Sad Boner?  No.  No there is not.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 07:31:19 am »

My first impression was that T wasn't getting the full scene -- just the top half.  And each frame seemed to modulate between beef's head being up and down, with ray making various strange gestures.  In short, I was thinking from his perspective, it was beef getting a little too acquainted with ray's less metallic protrusions.  Maybe I just have my mind too far in the gutter?  I realize now that my initial idea is completely crazy, unless Ray is known to have had a three-footer, as beef is pretty far away from him.
Logged
~

thedudeabides85

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 60
  • Say good things about my dick
    • View Profile
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 09:33:23 am »

We need to write the Bible in which, for serving Him so piously, God rewarded men with progressively larger and larger dongs, until the dongs got so huge that the men just became belligerent and formed warring patriarchal societies. Having realized his mistake, God let it rain for 40 days and 40 nights, after which men's dongs hell of shrank from being in cold water for so long.  I think this could be one of Rudyard Kipling's "Just So" stories. If not, an absurdist Intelligent Design faction could expound the hypothesis at a conferenceto to piss off Darwinists.

God damn I hope I used the past perfect correctly.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2006, 10:12:09 am »

Really this is just a note to say I love when Roast Beef gets all kinds of sassy with Ray.  You just know he's been pushed TOO FAR.

Poor T, you think he'd be used to this sort of thing by now.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2006, 12:22:35 pm »

God damn I hope I used the past perfect correctly.

It appears that you did even if the first sentence could use a semi-colon.  Really though, I wouldn't be concerned with proper participle placement when using achewoodese slang such as "hell of shrank".    You either play English Teacher or get in the game, unless your name is James Joyce.  If your name is James Joyce the rules are different.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up