Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool  (Read 9136 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2006, 07:00:09 pm »

Actually my semi-colon suggestion was merely aesthetic.  There are three reasons for this:

1. Most people find long sentences hard to follow.  Chopping up one of those words into a fragment and utilizing the sweet, sweet semi-colon as wordpaste would remediate this possible issue.

2. I love the semi-colon.  I love it late at night when it touches me just how I like to be touched.

3. I knew that not providing these explanations would drive you into a fit of English based pedantry, which appears to have worked.  This also provides me with absolutely no guilt re: the use of your Birthday strip in retrospect.

I love when things wrap up nicely like that.

In conclusion, Mattgiraffe: It's not going to be me.  I mean ick; really now.

I have been played for a fool; I have fallen into your trap.


Note proper semicolon use, above.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2006, 07:02:38 pm »

I will find out Hobot's address
and the name of her mother
and I will send her one of those
and say "Julia said you would like this"
and she will cry
and I will chuckle
and then feel bad and send her an "I'm sorry I got your mom a sex toy" card.

Are those located next to the "I'm sorry I slapped you" cards?
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2006, 07:04:31 pm »

I have been played for a fool; I have fallen into your trap.


Note proper semicolon use, above.

Hey; Look; I; am; clearly; riling; you; up; because; it; amuses; me;


Was there even a participle in there?  WHO KNOWS!

Folks let's get back on topic here.  Weenis cancer, it's a helluva thing.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2006, 07:14:55 pm »

This thread is reminding me of p o u l t r y ;. This is all.

Also, what, no snide remarks about Ray's JAZZ HANDS! in panel 8?
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2006, 07:52:01 pm »

Also, what, no snide remarks about Ray's JAZZ HANDS! in panel 8?

Jazz Hands, or Rollercoaster Arms?
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

derelictsound

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2006, 08:30:58 pm »

His hands are shaking from the wonderful hormones in his brain.  If Beef really wants to sciencize it cool, they need to bottle and sell the hormones.  Much more marketable than copper stitched aluminum foil undies - Ray should know this.

Q said it, but poor Teodor.
Logged
Always merry and bright!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2006, 09:41:44 pm »

dude, there is a restaurant right by my house called
"table"
including the lowercase t. it is pretty rediculous.

hobot-- yeah; right about there.
wait; are you saying that you're going to slap me?

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2006, 09:55:41 pm »

It's diculous... again?

Also, someone for whom I priorly had respect used the word "irregardless" in one of her writings that I recently read.  Is it wrong to have lost all some respect for her?

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2006, 09:56:33 pm »

hobot-- yeah; right about there.
wait; are you saying that you're going to slap me?

I was implying that you would be the one to slap me.  I figured you could buy both cards at once and save some time.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2006, 10:00:17 pm »

It's diculous... again?

Also, someone for whom I priorly had respect used the word "irregardless" in one of her writings that I recently read.  Is it wrong to have lost all some respect for her?

Good god not at all.

I believe I've talked about this though.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Brien

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6
  • only good people can hide in computers
    • View Profile
    • Garbage
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2006, 10:03:57 pm »

It's diculous... again?

Also, someone for whom I priorly had respect used the word "irregardless" in one of her writings that I recently read.  Is it wrong to have lost all some respect for her?

Does irregardless mean regardful? If so, its usage warrants ridicule.

Oh wait. Is even a word?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2006, 10:08:59 pm »

It's diculous... again?

Red Diculous sounds like the name of a vauldeville comedian.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2006, 10:28:20 pm »

yeah, so, sorry. I forgot about that time that I slapped you.

*all those times. you know.

I am sad that I missed your joke.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

weareas1

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2006, 11:17:07 pm »

// dude, there is a restaurant right by my house called
"table" including the lowercase t. it is pretty rediculous. //

I think it's a cool idea, but only if they pronounce it "tay-bull", like normal people do.  If they insist on pronouncing it "tah-bluh", then they should be taken to the town square and hung from their necks until they are dead.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2006, 11:34:32 pm »

// dude, there is a restaurant right by my house called
"table" including the lowercase t. it is pretty rediculous. //

I think it's a cool idea, but only if they pronounce it "tay-bull", like normal people do.  If they insist on pronouncing it "tah-bluh", then they should be taken to the town square and hung from their necks until they are dead.

Actually if you do it right they're dead pretty much the instant they drop (From neck breakage).  If they are not then you used too thin a rope which chokes them to death in an (Even more) inhumane manner.  Maybe this is your intent though, so carry on.

</Disturbed Pedant Mode>
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up