Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Ego Sum Noah it's your Birthday!!!  (Read 8306 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Ego Sum Noah it's your Birthday!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006, 02:33:45 am »

Not really my point, Auggie Doggie.

But I'll be glad to kneel to you as the Holy Roman Emperor of Bums.

Cool!  Hey, I gotta take adulation where I can find it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Ego Sum Noah it's your Birthday!!!
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2006, 05:08:40 pm »

does 'rimshot' mean something else in the UK?

Let's just say I don't think you're talking about basketball.

Once I went to see a pirate/Canadian/folk band (they are awesome fuck*ng great) and the big deeped voice lead singer said 'now this song is called Backyard Sailor. Over in Canada, Backyard means something different than it does in England...'

The whole audience froze as we imagined what we thought it meant. They were going to sing a song about ass sailors!

Turns out, he actually meant backyard as in back garden. Crazy, eh?

Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Ego Sum Noah it's your Birthday!!!
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2006, 05:28:14 pm »

Judy, do you know I'm Canadian?  Would you like me to proliferate the term "backyard" among the gay community here?  Something tells me it will spread like wildfire... or herpies.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Ego Sum Noah it's your Birthday!!!
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2006, 05:36:57 pm »

Judy, do you know I'm Canadian?  Would you like me to proliferate the term "backyard" among the gay community here?  Something tells me it will spread like wildfire... or herpies.

Yes please! Make sure 'Backyard Sailor' specifically.

Smells: Doing It For The Kids
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Ego Sum Noah it's your Birthday!!!
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2006, 06:50:48 pm »

Let's just say I don't think you're talking about basketball.

Once I went to see a pirate/Canadian/folk band (they are awesome fuck*ng great) and the big deeped voice lead singer said 'now this song is called Backyard Sailor. Over in Canada, Backyard means something different than it does in England...'

The whole audience froze as we imagined what we thought it meant. They were going to sing a song about ass sailors!

Turns out, he actually meant backyard as in back garden. Crazy, eh?



It's what Doc said. You guys don't have the drum shot for a bad joke?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Ego Sum Noah it's your Birthday!!!
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2006, 07:45:17 pm »

Once I went to see a pirate/Canadian/folk band (they are awesome fuck*ng great) and the big deeped voice lead singer said 'now this song is called Backyard Sailor. Over in Canada, Backyard means something different than it does in England...'

The whole audience froze as we imagined what we thought it meant. They were going to sing a song about ass sailors!

Turns out, he actually meant backyard as in back garden. Crazy, eh?

This expression makes no sense.  You see, when you go through the backdoor you're headed in, not out, so you're in the kitchen where it's hot and not the backyard.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Ego Sum Noah it's your Birthday!!!
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2006, 08:06:53 pm »

It's what Doc said. You guys don't have the drum shot for a bad joke?

Problems solved! Wikipedia article on rimshot:
Quote
The term is erroneously used to refer to the sting played by the drummer in cabaret shows to accentuate the punchline of a joke. As a result, a particularly obvious laugh line is sometimes called a rimshot.

We call it a sting. Language strikes again.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Ego Sum Noah it's your Birthday!!!
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2006, 08:15:37 pm »

Don't let this become a board about teaching Judy the English Language.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Ego Sum Noah it's your Birthday!!!
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2006, 09:33:21 pm »

Thank you TOUAMB.

I've always wondered if there was a name for that kind of drum fill/roll. And now I know.
The Wikipedia entry led me to this page, from which I was able to extract the .swf file of the Punchline-O-Matic. And now it's sitting on my desktop, waiting to be triggered everytime someone at the office enunciates a bad joke. Or pretty much says anything out loud.
Amusement will certainly ensue.

EDIT: I forgot what this thread was originally about. Happy birthday, Ego Sum Noah. Congratulations for being less annoying than the other Noah in this board.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Ego Sum Noah it's your Birthday!!!
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2006, 10:30:34 pm »

Backyard Sailor is an unnecessarily quaint replacement for a term we already have:

"Butt Pirate."
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Ego Sum Noah it's your Birthday!!!
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2006, 12:55:14 am »

Man, hell of you guys are confusing rimshot (snare, snare, splash, by the way) for rimjob.

Logged
ACHIEVE

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Ego Sum Noah it's your Birthday!!!
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2006, 08:15:33 am »

AD: They are totally different, the backyard sailor is a fun loving gentleman. I lover of fine culture and coconut rum drinks. The butt pirate wears arseless chaps. Also a parrot.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Ego Sum Noah it's your Birthday!!!
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2006, 10:10:08 am »

AD: They are totally different, the backyard sailor is a fun loving gentleman. I lover of fine culture and coconut rum drinks. The butt pirate wears arseless chaps. Also a parrot.

Also do not ask to see his Cutlass.  I am just sayin'.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Ego Sum Noah it's your Birthday!!!
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2006, 01:38:14 pm »

He's not cupping her breast, she is cupping her own breast.  However, you don't have to be gay to get away with that.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up