Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 Jun 2006 - If they don't rap about history, are they doomed to repeat it?  (Read 3747 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ananke

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 74
  • !لو ائكل الخنزير لأموت
    • View Profile

This one has amusing bits but overall this is unpleasant.
Logged

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06012006

I wish Beef's zine was a "hey guys forget about tinfoil dongs tomorrow is chicken!" device, but I guess we still have a few more days/weeks of the under##### left.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile

I am expressing support of this thread, because that line was exactly the money shot of this update.
Logged

thedudeabides85

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 60
  • Say good things about my dick
    • View Profile

Of course we need to change the the thread title's "are" to "aren't" to properly convey Beef's assumption that indeed rapping entirely about current events is inimitably dangerous (I think this is what doomed Mace).  Describing MGD as "VERY terrible" should be given recognition as well.
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars

Is 'advertainment' a word yet? If not, it just became one.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

Again with the passing off advertising as content.  I will buy it already Mr. Stad, I will, you don't need to do this man.  I love the Roasted Beef, okay?  OKAY?!


Anyway, all I have to say about this is that that is a picture of Flava Flav.  I have met him.  I had a picture taken with him.  He is very very tiny.  And hyper.  Did I mention hyper?  Well he's hyper.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK

It's simultaneously both confusing and amusing to see Beef act so confident in a direct interview. Beef reserves the lack of mercy for one dude only.

I yearn for a return to the strip. Nice as it is, we don't need no fascist 'zine thing.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

It's nice to have the illustration of Ray talking. Maybe if you buy enough 'zines you can make a flipbook or something.

The "magic under#####" line at the top has made me begin to wonder if the mojo of the foil-dong is strong enough that they could make Ray resists Lazarus were he wearing both at the same time.
Logged

littlefox

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 76
    • View Profile

Is 'advertainment' a word yet? If not, it just became one.

This doubles as advertainment, but I think the real motivation was that he was too busy working on the 'zine to come up with a comic. So he posted 'zine pages as both a preview and a replacement.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

OK, is someone going to tell me what MGD is?

You all have such a touching faith that this zine is actually going to exist.  I think, sadly, this is all there is.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

OK, is someone going to tell me what MGD is?

You all have such a touching faith that this zine is actually going to exist.  I think, sadly, this is all there is.

Miller Genuine Draft, which is basically, really really bad; even for beer.

I guess at least it's not "The Champagne of Beers" (Miller High Life), which is neither, properly, Champagne nor proper beer.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 01:38:52 pm by misterqueue »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.

The TriQuorn concept is rather delightful.  Also, "No, almost none" and "They wear Diesel."

Yes, Onstad, I will buy this 'zine of yours.  Well played, sir.

*Applauds slowly*
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

One of my favorite memories of playing in bands in redneck bars was this overheard snippet... "Hey check it, they have Miller Genuine Draft on tap."  The mind still reels at that one.

~Paul

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

Quote
*Applauds slowly*

slow clap indicates sarcasm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

BuddhaRockstar

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile

Couldn't resist making it...

http://raytalks.ytmnd.com/
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up