Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40   Go Down

Author Topic: Dying  (Read 104792 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2006, 03:15:48 am »

Fun Healthy Living Moments of The Day:  I went to weigh myself this morning, and to my delight my very old bathroom scale (you know the rotary kind that spins from 0 to your weight while making a little whirring noise?) told me I had lost three pounds in the last week.  Then I stepped off it and it did some weird jiggly thing and instead of going back to zero it went to -10, so I re-set it to zero and re-weighed myself, and it then tells me I've gained two pounds.  I get off, this time it goes to +8.  I reset it, and I get on, it and it tells me I've lost 5 pounds.  I then hear a weird spring-y sound, and while I continue to stand on it it changes to and it tells me I've lost 2 more pounds... So needless to say, I went shopping for a new bathroom scale today, and to my utter delight, I found that every scale I tried at the store seemed to be telling me the exact same weight and that I weigh about 11 pounds less than my home scale had been telling me I weighed. 

Easiest weightloss ever! 


Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2006, 03:28:57 am »

Let's talk about men in Alaska, misterqueue. You seem to have some delusions about the quality of men that live and work here. There are a couple of single men that I work with as an EMT/firefighter, but so far none of them have asked me out. Our island has a population that is less than my high school. Our town is supported by commercial giraffeing. I wouldn't have a job up there if not for commercial giraffeing. There are lots of guys, but let's say that they're not exactly...quality. Although I am sure that there are hot, intelligent, kind giraffeermen or processors out there, I certainly haven't met any. Every time I go out, I get rounds of drinks bought for me. I could actually leave my wallet at home before because all the fellas buy drinks for me. However, I don't like talking to most of those guys.

I have also gotten hit on by quite a few of my patients, but I couldn't go out with them because it's unethical (provider-patient relationship). So it's tough. Most of the guys that I know are married or dating, unless you count the giraffeermen and processors that I don't know, and would only get to meet if I went out to the bars. I don't like going to bars unless I am meeting friends there. Being a female and entering a bar leads most men in Alaska to assume that you're for hire, which is wrong.

Anyway, I have gained a few pounds since I've been in Alaska. Since I've been back home (where it's warm and I can wear skirts and stuff) I've lost 5 pounds. I hope that I can keep losing weight even in the shitty Alaskan weather.

 
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Dying
« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2006, 03:33:20 am »

Lots of things
 

Man, I was just talking about ratios.. not quality.   Furthermore, miss, I was NOT trying to question your desiribility in ANY WAY POSSIBLE!  What do I know?  I've never really been to AK, I'm going off of hearsay which isn't even admissible in court!

But yeah, that sounds like a crap situation indeed.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2006, 04:13:52 am »

To my utter delight I have lost 11.2 pounds this week according to the ruthlessly honest scales at Weight Watchers.  I knew I had done well, but that is outstanding if I do say so myself.  So I guess we're even this week Mel.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Dying
« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2006, 04:20:06 am »

Wow, that's a lot of weight for one week, Paul.

Congrats to both of you.  As I have no scale that will weigh me, I will just have to wait and see how much I weigh.  I'm still "over 350" and likely will be for some time.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #125 on: June 08, 2006, 04:46:20 am »

Jough, I'm sure not being able to monitor your weight at home is a little alarming (and I can't even slightly imagine how much it sucks to have to pay someone just to find out how much you weigh, but thankfully you are paying for more than just the number!)  Although I know that the numbers aren't the important part, I do enjoy haveing an easy way to track my progress, and having a number to work on is a nice way to simplify.  Have you thought about getting a pedometer?  You might like tracking your steps per day, and it would offer you a simple  way of knowing where your at and a basic goal of increasing your steps-per-day.  Whatever the outcome, if your doctor doesn't give you a clear action plan with achievable goals, I hope you demand it, or smack him and find another doctor who does.

Also, Paul, from having been force to go to Weight Watchers with my mother for many years, I know that the ladies there must all just fuck*ng love you.  I mean, when a man was in the room those 50+ ladies giggle like their teenagers.  The male-to-female ratio is so alarming at those meetings.  If you ever feel down, just remember you are the mutha' fuckin' rooster at the hen party.  Hell yeah!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2006, 01:12:59 pm »

Maybe she should pine for someone she met on the internet who already has a significant other.  Maybe that would work for her.

Dick.

I find it very flattering actually. I just tell Q I'm spoken for and that he'll have to find another. Linnea would be harder to say no to.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Dying
« Reply #127 on: June 08, 2006, 01:22:18 pm »

I find it very flattering actually. I just tell Q I'm spoken for and that he'll have to find another. Linnea would be harder to say no to.

Man, I missed jough's response.  Should I be kind of proud and filled with a warm glow when he calls me a dick?  Cause.. that's like the King of Dicks crowning you with some sort of... Dick Crown.  (also, ouch)


anyway cort, you know my fetish for disjointed arms means I'm going to be secretly stalking you... always.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Dying
« Reply #128 on: June 08, 2006, 03:19:41 pm »

You wish I'd crown you with my dick, Q-ballz. I ain't lettin' one MOLECULE of my dick touch you.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Dying
« Reply #129 on: June 08, 2006, 03:21:53 pm »

Man, I missed jough's response.  Should I be kind of proud and filled with a warm glow when he calls me a dick?  Cause.. that's like the King of Dicks crowning you with some sort of... Dick Crown.  (also, ouch)

Is that like the Crown of Thorns, but with Dicks? 

Creepy.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Dying
« Reply #130 on: June 08, 2006, 03:22:54 pm »

You wish I'd crown you with my dick, Q-ballz. I ain't lettin' one MOLECULE of my dick touch you.

Damn, you sure are self-dickcentric.  I was more imagining something made out of gold with no less than 8 dongalia sprouting out of it like pointy tips in a vaguely festive manner.  Maybe each was beset with a jewel of a different color (except no rubies or sapphires as it might look too close to some sort of STD or Genetic Abnormality).  Yeah, I probably went into more detail about this than necessary.

In conclusion, seriously dude, that original statement, harsh mallows.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Dying
« Reply #131 on: June 08, 2006, 03:37:33 pm »

Dude, stop talking about my c*ck on the internet.

I HATE days like today.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #132 on: June 08, 2006, 05:55:09 pm »

Well, not that I enjoy bringing us back to topic, but I'm down 3 lbs or so. I'm not sure on account of I weighed myself before I put my contacts in but it was clearly below 195. So, progress, considering I'm not really 'dieting' per se and I'm not exercising more than usual.

Just drinking fewer soft drinks and more water, and thinking about what I eat seems to be doing the trick,

Mellow Mallows.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Dying
« Reply #133 on: June 08, 2006, 06:21:17 pm »

Well, not that I enjoy bringing us back to topic, but I'm down 3 lbs or so. I'm not sure on account of I weighed myself before I put my contacts in but it was clearly below 195. So, progress, considering I'm not really 'dieting' per se and I'm not exercising more than usual.

At first I thought you meant that the contacts might add weight.

Silly Mallows.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Dying
« Reply #134 on: June 08, 2006, 07:07:14 pm »

Of course contacts add weight, just like socks, unshaven hair, earrings and anything else you weren't born with. I recommend cutting your toenails first also.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40   Go Up