Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Mom wants grandkids, plays the "early menopause" card  (Read 9801 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Mom wants grandkids, plays the "early menopause" card
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2006, 09:24:50 pm »

Oh, I was trying to expand on what you wrote, not dispute it... I didn't think you were saying families without children don't contribute, I just wanted to add on that even if you don't breed, you can still be just as important to the social fabric.  Since wombat is, you know scared, and shouldn't be, and Somebody nice is not ready for mommyhood, but feeling the heat, it's good to cheerlead for not breeding as a positive choice for those who choose it.  As for Wombat, she's good people, and zoo people too.  If the zoo comunity don't love her enough to make sure she gets daily buckets of raw giraffe and a nice safe enclosure with water and such, or whatever her needs may be upon retirement, she has the messageboard people.  I'll dabble your drooly chin wombat.  Don't you worry.

Thank you, smells. It is weird that my moms is making my biological clock tick by proxy.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Mom wants grandkids, plays the "early menopause" card
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2006, 10:37:41 pm »


instead of getting caught whackin' it, how about just ogle girls more obviously?


Make no small plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Mom wants grandkids, plays the "early menopause" card
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2006, 12:05:58 am »

Make no small plans. They have no magic to stir men's blood and probably will not themselves be realized.

Daniel Burnham. Ben, are you in Chicago?
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Mom wants grandkids, plays the "early menopause" card
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2006, 09:04:19 am »

Daniel Burnham. Ben, are you in Chicago?

Only in the metaphorical sense that we are all, to some degree, in Chicago.

Also, looking at that post in retrospect, it looks like Slam Bradley is making that pronouncement, which pleases me.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Mom wants grandkids, plays the "early menopause" card
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2006, 03:22:19 pm »

Thank you, smells. It is weird that my moms is making my biological clock tick by proxy.

Moms do that. 
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Mom wants grandkids, plays the "early menopause" card
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2006, 03:33:29 pm »

Only in the metaphorical sense that we are all, to some degree, in Chicago.

Is Chicago. Is not Chicago.

*alternatingly pointing towards self and then towards Chicago*
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Mom wants grandkids, plays the "early menopause" card
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2006, 03:59:48 pm »

Is Chicago. Is not Chicago.

*alternatingly pointing towards self and then towards Chicago*

That was the reference, Mr. Obvious. 

Do I have to start taking cans away or something?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Mom wants grandkids, plays the "early menopause" card
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2006, 04:03:01 pm »

Um, what was the reference?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Mom wants grandkids, plays the "early menopause" card
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2006, 04:08:44 pm »

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Mom wants grandkids, plays the "early menopause" card
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2006, 04:24:16 pm »

That was the reference, Mr. Obvious. 

Do I have to start taking cans away or something?


Look man, I did not sleep last night.  They can't all be golden alright?  ALRIGHT?!

(I did, for extra points, include HOW that song was formed, so at least credit for that.)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Mom wants grandkids, plays the "early menopause" card
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2006, 01:15:40 am »

Though really, it's not too hard to figure out how a soul coughing song was conceived. As I recall, the stories all start out "So we were pretty high..."
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Mom wants grandkids, plays the "early menopause" card
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2006, 01:54:10 am »

Though really, it's not too hard to figure out how a soul coughing song was conceived. As I recall, the stories all start out "So we were pretty high..."

Well in this case it was LSD and not weed, but essentially yes.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Mom wants grandkids, plays the "early menopause" card
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2006, 02:31:53 am »

I find it hard to imagine that Mr. Doughty ever restricted himself to just one drug at a time.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Mom wants grandkids, plays the "early menopause" card
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2006, 05:14:58 am »

I love how occaisionally, a band will come up that everyone knows. That I have never heard of. How do I miss these bands? I read so many books about music. All Music Guide is my life. But some of these just miss me entirely.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Mom wants grandkids, plays the "early menopause" card
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2006, 07:29:36 am »

Did I accidentally make a clever reference? I have never heard the songs under discussion. Am I presumed to have referred to them?
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up