Aw hell, everything we say here sounds like an academic question. There ain't a one of us who ain't hopelessly overeducated.
However, that line between bored speculation and pat/nice pete fanfic may be finer than we'd like to admit.
Pat and Nice Pete laughed heartily as they ran in through the front door. Quickly grabbing a set of five keys, Nice Pete shut all the locks breathlessly while Pat glanced out the window.
'They've gone! We lost them!' he shouted gleefully. They embraced in their Victory hug before sitting down at the pine table. 'That was the closest one yet!' Pat continued, still panting from the sudden run. 'We'd never have made it without your fine shootin', Pete!'
Pete blushed a deep shade of red, and Pat felt something that had been cropping up on him frequently as of late. He'd always been violently opposed to homosexuality... but something about Pete stirred his loins in a way he hadn't felt since the men's showers in High School*. He knew it was now or never.
'Pete, how about sitting down with me on the couch? I want... to talk.'
Obligingly, Pete settled down on the double seated sofa. Pat sat down carefully, and began.
'Pete... I've.. been having these feelings for you. Ever since that small cell in prison I've always felt differently about you than I do other men. I just can't get on with those pigs, but you... you're sensitive, kind, and thoughtful...'
Nice Pete delicately put a finger on Pat's trembling lip mid-sentence.
'Pat... let me Take you..'
There. Everyone's curiosity satiated, NO MORE PAT AND NICE PETE FANFIC. Or is that a flimsy excuse to write my own fanfic? Even I don't know.
*Cheap gag, but how could I not use this? You were all thinking it before I edited it anyway.