Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 14 June 2006 -- Vlad, you make prison sound like a man-rape conga line.  (Read 14735 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ananke

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 74
  • !لو ائكل الخنزير لأموت
    • View Profile

I liked the barber part, otherwise just a solid chuckle strip.
Logged

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile

I like Lyle's part.

I'm imagining Miami saying it in that same tone of voice that a loving father tells his son "Son, you're a man now, off to college - these are the best days of your life, enjoy them."
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

nuero

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile

This is, indeed, so SO indeed, the right title.
Logged

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile

AGH! I gamble, I lose!

LINK, MAN!  THE LINK!

http://achewood.com/comic.php?date=06142006
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six

This is, indeed, so SO indeed, the right title.
Of course, "tossing more salad than a seasick rabbit" is an expression I wish I had an excuse to use more often.

edit: I must say, Cornelius is a *damn* classy guy. I'm really digging this bit of character development for him.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 11:36:19 am by mrdna1 »
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

Sometimes trouble finds good men; you left your porch light on.

The old-school career prisoner speaks with semicolons. They don't make 'em like that anymore.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile

Some great lines in this one.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.

Man, what is it with salad today?

In the unlikely event that Onstad is reading the board and my post, this is exactly the comment he expected someone to make.  As an educated man and a talented man of words, he knows that repetition is something good writers avoid.  Nothing says "remedial English" like using the same word in two consecutive sentences.  Well I've got two words for him: Held Back.

Oh my goodness I am so critical today!  I am sorry about this, Chis Onsteadt; Happy Birthday, and thank you for an otherwise delightful strip.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

Lyle doesn't even get angry, this is how much he clearly respects Miami.

Furthermore "My old man's a barber you son of a bitch!" made me chortle, which is something I don't often do.  Of COURSE Pat is going to bring up his hatred of barbers in the middle of trying to be a tough guy, because clearly it has so much to do with it.  Oh, retarded Pat, how I love to loathe thee.

also, dammit Hobot, you beat me to it.

Happy Birthday OLD MAN! 
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

Vlad's panel has given me a mental image that I did not need: Cha-cha-cha-cha-cha rape!
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.

also, dammit Hobot, you beat me to it.

What, the surly criticism of Onstad's diction, or the Birthday-related pleasantries?
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

What, the surly criticism of Onstad's diction, or the Birthday-related pleasantries?

...Can't it be Both?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.

...Can't it be Both?

Just makin' sure I'm not the only one who twitched a little bit at the two successive mentions of salad.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

Just makin' sure I'm not the only one who twitched a little bit at the two successive mentions of salad.


Maybe it IS just you... maybe you secretly hate salad.  Salad Hater!

Mmm.. that's good irony.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

Just makin' sure I'm not the only one who twitched a little bit at the two successive mentions of salad.

Don't you mean 3 successive mentions of salad?
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up