As a movie? Oh, I mean, it's fine I guess, if you're into the whole "camp" thing.
I've never been Mr. Camp, though, fake-bad always just comes off as... sorta smarmy and arrogant and lazy to me, it's not my cup of tea... I'm a much much bigger fan of Actual Bad, of real true failure, when something is horrible and was made under the sincere belief that everyone involved was talented and had great ideas and... etc etc. That's my brand of "good-bad".
Nothing finer than stumbling over a copy of a feature film made by a bunch of community college dropouts "because it's so easy to make a movie, right? ...and we'll get it in a festival and be rich!" that just rips off everything it can and... it's just so beautifully unknowingly terrible. Love that stuff.
As a... phenomina? I guess that's where my problem is.
I have this irrational hate of... when a fanbase of anything transcends the thing they're a fan of and the fan-events events become just about the for-whatever-reason-socially-awkward going out and trolling for sex in the one tightly-constructed-artificial social environment where they feel like THEY'RE the cool ones and THEY'RE the jocks and THEY'RE the fratboys and THEY'RE the bullies or whatever.
Whenever the people who are outcast and lonely and trod-upon take a completely neutral piece of culture and use it as their... device through which they can force people to conform to THEIR thing and mete out THEIR social justice and... flirt and screw with no consequences and stuff...
Blah, it just irks me. It irks me if it's Rocky Horror, it irks me if it's guys with greasy ponytails and girls with ludicrious corsets at Ren Fests, it irks me if it's that profoundly-insecure slightly-heavy girl at the Comic Book Show in the Vamprella costume hooking up with basement dwellers because its the one place she feels beautiful... it irks me on all levels on all fronts.
It's like, okay, you ever see the documentary CRUMB?
It's like that, when Crumb decides to get girls he has to act like Skutch, the big popular greaser bully and... when he tries it, all he ends up doing it alienating the few friends he has and hating himself and coming off like a bigger jackass than even Skutch is?
It's like that.
Like... man... if you were looking down your nose at people creating arbitrary hierarchies and laying bad trips on people for not conforming and hooking up randomly and lovelessly from your faraway perch in the AV room when you were 16... don't turn around and create the same damn structures AROUND something obstensively "outsider" so that you can act like those "cool" 16 year olds at 35... except without even the excuse of being 16.
And I say that AS one of the dudes who was in the AV room at 16. Well, the school newspaper room, anyway, I went to a poor rural high school and we couldn't afford an AV room, if you were a dork, there was only the school play or the school paper. But you get my point.