Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Concert Review by Wombat  (Read 3833 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Concert Review by Wombat
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2006, 10:50:16 pm »

I'd love to see The Boss in concert, but the image I have in my head of one of his concerts is where the mean age is 45 and everyone is from New Jersey. Being 21 and from the West Coast, I can only imagine feeling horribly out of place.

There were actually a lot of people at the concert who looked to be in their 20s, including the ones who were smoking pot in the row in front of us.  There were also plenty who were old enough to be wearing tshirts from the 1984 tour, of course.  But really there was a very wide range of ages.  Some people brought their kids.  Some people were completely white-haired.  I actually decided that it was kind of creepy to see white-haired people at a rock concert.  My friend and I resolved to do the public service of no longer going to big arena concerts, at least, when we are that old. But anyway, I don't think you would have felt out of place.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Concert Review by Wombat
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2006, 05:40:45 am »

Odd experience: the first time I went to Asbury Park, I expected to see a great many Springsteen t-shirts on people, but everyone was wearing Black Sabbath shirts.  Then I looked up and saw that Ozzy was playing the Convention Center on the boardwalk.  Fuckin' Jersey.

Saw Bruce in Hartford, CT on the Born in the USA tour.  Jough is right: once is plenty.  After four and a half hours I found myself thinking "OK, I like 'Twist and Shout' too, but please stop.  I have to drive back to New Jersey after this is over."

« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 05:46:04 am by Limmo »
Logged

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: Concert Review by Wombat
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2006, 09:44:38 pm »

G-L-O- ... ckenspiel
Fun fact: Glockenspiel is actually one of the instruments used on Born To Run. Ah, the things you learn from "making of" documentaries.

I would love to see Bruce Springsteen live circa '75, but unfortunately my time machine is all out of atomic fuel. :(

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Concert Review by Wombat
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2006, 09:51:55 pm »

I would actually be perfectly happy just to see Bruce when he toured for The Rising, which is only what, three years ago?  It would only take a cheap crummy time machine to go back that far.  Is that asking for so much?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Concert Review by Wombat
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2006, 10:09:39 pm »

I would actually be perfectly happy just to see Bruce when he toured for The Rising, which is only what, three years ago?  It would only take a cheap crummy time machine to go back that far.  Is that asking for so much?

Don't be too eager. (Couldn't help myself, I'm afraid.)

I have CDs of Bruce live and it's truly amazing, but this was when he was on the top of his game. Judging from what people have said here, he's changed. And seeing a very popular band in concert nearly always sucks, because in an audience of 10,000 you're going to find about 2000 assholes. Who, by the laws of concertgoing, will be standing right behind you and trying to pick your pockets.

I broke his finger and he ran away.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Concert Review by Wombat
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2006, 10:28:39 pm »

in an audience of 10,000 you're going to find about 2000 assholes. Who, by the laws of concertgoing, will be standing right behind you and

singing along very loudly out of tune.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up