Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: what's it like bein' you?  (Read 13543 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
what's it like bein' you?
« on: July 04, 2006, 03:34:19 am »

It is awesome being me, except with not as much king crab and starting IVs as you would think.

Anyway, this thread was inspired by this strip. I <3 webcomics.

Dammit, Lennybruce just stuck his paw in my drink to try and giraffe out an ice cube. :(
Logged

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: what's it like bein' you?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 11:34:52 am »

Frightening, shameful and sticky.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: what's it like bein' you?
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 12:15:14 pm »

Scary and/or Amusing, depending on your point of view.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: what's it like bein' you?
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 02:28:45 pm »

It's okay sometimes.  I'm working on being able to say "It's Frik-k-k-ken AWESOME being me!"

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: what's it like bein' you?
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 04:08:44 pm »

Probably easier for other people...

I forgot all about overcompensating...
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: what's it like bein' you?
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2006, 05:33:44 pm »

Mostly magical, occasionally sad.  I sit on the couch a lot more than other people know I do.  And when I do, I wonder how much other people sit on the couch, and where my amount of couch time is on the continuum of couch time.  Then usually there is a cat that wants to be petted, so I stop worrying about it.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: what's it like bein' you?
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2006, 05:58:09 pm »

Kind of exhausting. I'm tired of being the main character of an interesting story with a lot of plot twists.  I would like to settle down and be in a rut for a little while.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: what's it like bein' you?
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 05:42:52 pm »

It's pretty freakin' good.  I like to do so many things I don't have time to do them all.  I'm tired, though.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: what's it like bein' you?
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 05:44:15 pm »

I have Audacity and 4127 songs to screw around with.

It is awesome being me.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: what's it like bein' you?
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 05:51:57 pm »

I have a guitar that I can't play worth hell, a girl who is in Italy for all of July, a job that pays well, and a pile of books to read.
and 8708 unplayed tracks on my iTunes (largely because I just got a new PC, so it reset the play counts).

I am basically set.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: what's it like bein' you?
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 06:33:54 pm »

I get paid to stare at things.

I just sold a house.  I just bought a house.

Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: what's it like bein' you?
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 06:54:19 pm »

Things are a little bit uncertain for me at the moment, but i'm sure everything will work out fine.  I'm losing weight and that makes me happy.  I'm getting a lot of rest, stress is melting away.  I lead a very comfortable life.

~Paul

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: what's it like bein' you?
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 06:57:51 pm »

Things are uncertain as usual, but my kids and my wife and living in Hawaii make it pretty awesome to be me.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: what's it like bein' you?
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 07:30:40 pm »

In a bizarre turn of events, it is kicking ass to be me.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: what's it like bein' you?
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2006, 07:33:29 pm »

Fuckin' A!

Hey Bozack! Stick around this time!
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up