Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TRIP TO INDIA!  (Read 26726 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2006, 05:58:36 am »

I just got back!  I smell of curry!

That wasn't India, you just spent an hour at an "American" hotel.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2006, 06:08:47 am »

no india today, either.
actually, maybe I will leave before noon. further updates soon.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2006, 12:32:21 pm »

As of this morning I did not wake up in India.  I even checked the local weather channel just to be sure.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2006, 01:02:30 pm »

Around here, most days at this time of year checking the weather would not make it at all clear that I was not in India.  But it's lovely and cool this morning so apparently I have not gone there either.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2006, 02:01:26 pm »

Mrs. del Vaca's quasi-adopted sister lives in India right now.  Someday we may go visit her and her family.  But not today.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2006, 02:03:58 pm »

I work with a lady from India.  But I'm not accompanying her (at least not today) on her next visit home.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2006, 02:17:57 pm »

I went to India with Michael Palin a few weeks ago.  Now I'm in Africa with Paul Theroux.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2006, 02:27:18 pm »

I also did not buy a camel today.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2006, 02:34:53 pm »

I did not go to India, though I did go to the hospital for minor surgery and I'm now a little sick to my stomach, which would have been how I felt after eating yummy Indian food.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2006, 03:42:49 pm »

A few weeks ago, I got drunk and high enough to vomit. The next morning, while I was sleeping it off, my dad knocked on my door and demanded that I go with him to the Indian Buffet near my house. Although some moments were touch and go, I managed to keep everything down.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2006, 05:23:29 pm »

I have never understood the urge to combine good food with "buffet."

this boggles my soul.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2006, 05:42:21 pm »

I did not go to India today. I did go to a 7-11 this morning, though. There are no Indian or Pakistani people running 7-11s or Dunkin Donuts here in Hawaii. The only Indian people I see are in the IT department at my job (and at the 2 good Indian Restaurants) (and the 2 or 3 Indian Restaurants run by Fijian Indians which are a little different).
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2006, 06:35:24 pm »

I have never understood the urge to combine good food with "buffet."

Oh man, if you went to this particular Indian Buffet, your eyes would be opened. During the week and at night it's a normal indian restaurant, but on weekends from noon to 4 they bust out the buffet style serving. It is DELICIOUS.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2006, 08:00:18 pm »

Oh my you're making me miss my favorite place, Mt Everest in Evanston, IL. Nepalese/Indian Cuisine with a lunch buffet. Those guys throw down, yo. If you find yourself in Evanston, I recommend the following places (and most others!)

Mt Everest
Lulu's Dim Sum and Then Some
Tapas Barcelona

I hope they are all still open.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2006, 09:56:29 pm »

I have never understood the urge to combine good food with "buffet."

Oh man, if you went to this particular Indian Buffet, your eyes would be opened.

The problem with the word combination 'Indian' and 'Buffet' is, if it's as good as this place, you will find yourself eating enough to feed an entire Indian village.

~Paul

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up