Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TRIP TO INDIA!  (Read 26773 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2006, 11:57:44 pm »

Oh man, if you went to this particular Indian Buffet, your eyes would be opened. During the week and at night it's a normal indian restaurant, but on weekends from noon to 4 they bust out the buffet style serving. It is DELICIOUS.

Are you talking about the one in the old Holiday Inn? 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2006, 04:36:15 am »

Nah, Kashmir, on Bardstown Road, by Heine Brothers at Longest. It started a few years ago, and my dad (who's crazy for Indian food) started going there every week. The guy who owns it knows us by sight now, and asks us where my father is if he doesn't come in for a while.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2006, 11:23:28 am »

I'm in India.

You want proof?

OK, it's sunny. It's hot. People are speaking Hindi. That do you?


Well fine, it's hot and sunny enough here, though I'm only hearing Hindi if I phone my bank.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2006, 11:38:21 am »

The only Indian people I see are in the IT department at my job (and at the 2 good Indian Restaurants) (and the 2 or 3 Indian Restaurants run by Fijian Indians which are a little different).

This seems to be an international phenomenon. I also see Indian people in the IT department at my job.

As of now, I am not surrounded by holy cows, nor to I see the Ganges spread out in front of me in all its glory. So, even though I might be in India, I actually am not.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2006, 03:45:24 pm »

I was in Indiana the other day.  That should be worth something.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2006, 07:38:46 pm »

I was in Indiana the other day.  That should be worth something.

City or state?
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2006, 07:50:24 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2006, 09:28:26 pm »

Important Note: You cannot walk to India from here.  I have tried.  Other results to follow.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2006, 10:00:52 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2006, 01:21:22 am »

I really, really, need to eat some Indian food. As in: try it. But my parents do not like it.
And I am a wimp.

basically I need to have my friends there, to make me feel awkward/guilty until I try it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2006, 01:44:52 am »

Wait, there is a city called Indiana?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2006, 01:46:06 am »

The horrible part is that it's in the state of Indiana.  I guess that's no worse than New York, New York, though.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2006, 01:49:47 am »

  I guess that's no worse than New York, New York, though.

I kind of suspect that it is worse, actually, but I'm biased.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2006, 02:00:52 am »

The horrible part is that it's in the state of Indiana.  I guess that's no worse than New York, New York, though.
I was talking about Indiana, PA. Home of IUP where my mom went for a year before transferring the hell out.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2006, 02:21:59 am »

Both Mrs. del Vaca and my late father went to Indiana University of Pennsylvania.

(Not at the same time.)
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up