Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TRIP TO INDIA!  (Read 26789 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2006, 03:36:32 am »

awkward

that's like this kid from my graduating class who is going to Miami University of Ohio.
Why not just come up with a new name? what am I missing?

also: roads in Charlotte are named after small towns around NC. This confuses me a lot.

I specifically remember turning down a concert that was in "North Davidson." Apparently, there is a town called Davidson, but there is also an area of Charlotte called North Davidson, because it is centered around North Davidson street.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2006, 04:48:51 am »

The horrible part is that it's in the state of Indiana.  I guess that's no worse than New York, New York, though.

There's Texas City, Texas, just south of Houston.  Home of the Texas City Dike and the Texas City Dyke.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2006, 05:27:51 am »

So I was going to snark about Kansas City, KS vs. Kansas City, MO, but I have no visual or auditory aids.

Kansas City, MO is where the Chiefs play, at Arrowhead, and you basically need to go to a Chiefs game there if you're a fan of the NFL.  Best tailgating/fan involvement ever.  And they're called the Chiefs because of Indians!

I didn't go to India today.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2006, 06:19:23 am »

So I was going to snark about Kansas City, KS vs. Kansas City, MO, but I have no visual or auditory aids.

Kansas City, MO is where the Chiefs play, at Arrowhead, and you basically need to go to a Chiefs game there if you're a fan of the NFL.  Best tailgating/fan involvement ever.  And they're called the Chiefs because of Indians!

I didn't go to India today.

Oh fuck Kansas City...  stupid town stealing 4 years of my life and such.  Stupid fuck*ng Kansas City.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2006, 06:30:50 am »

There's also an Indiana, PA.  And a Mars, PA. 

And a Blueball, PA, which strangely is right next to Intercourse, PA.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2006, 06:37:19 am »

they wanted to make sure you knew they weren't whores like those people over in Intercourse.
duh.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2006, 11:30:36 am »

There's also an Indiana, PA.  And a Mars, PA. 

And a Blueball, PA, which strangely is right next to Intercourse, PA.

Bowling Green, MO  that's all I have to say about that.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2006, 03:23:11 pm »

Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2006, 05:08:27 pm »

Not today!

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2006, 09:12:46 pm »

Well Traveled Kentuckian!

My life will not be complete until I have visited Bugtussle, KY.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2006, 09:14:40 pm »

My life will not be complete until I have visited Bugtussle, KY.

Also Gobbler's Knob.


I mean... clearly.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2006, 09:26:43 pm »

On the way to the beach today, the SO and I passed a sign informing us that the next exit led to the towns of Croaker and Norge.  The sign actually read:

CROAKER
NORGE


A few years ago, I believe my mother made my father drive through the town when they passed that exit.  Her reasoning for this adventure was that no town with the name of Croaker could possibly disappoint.  But she was wrong.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2006, 03:01:17 pm »

July 10th, 10:00 AM - I'm an Indian.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 03:11:44 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2006, 03:46:34 pm »

Not today!

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: TRIP TO INDIA!
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2006, 03:47:55 pm »

I tried putting a Bindi on my forehead but it just wasn't the same.  This office is not India.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up